You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Filling a word with a texture (silver Glitter)

I was asked to make a word and fill it with silver glitter texture. the problem is I don't know how to fill the words with a .png glitter file I have. Do I have to make a pallet or a swatch for this and if yes is there a tutorial to do this? Do you know any resources that make and sell such a thing? Appreciate any guidance you may furnish me. I kinda need to learn this ASAP ...  like today.

Disclosure:  I am super new to this program and have little to no experience with graphic programs.  I used to do this sort of thing in a cutting software (I just dragged the texture onto the words and it filled it in)  but it won't export a 300 dpi photo for it to be printed at a printer for posters.

post-61730-0-97052100-1497154739_thumb.jpg

I've just replied to your question here. :)

By the way, this Tutorials section of the 'Learn and Share' forum is really intended for sharing tutorials created by users. If you have questions about how to achieve certain effects in the Affinity apps, it's best to post to the 'Questions and Feedback' forum.

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

I was asked to make a word and fill it with silver glitter texture. the problem is I don't know how to fill the words with a .png glitter file I have. Do I have to make a pallet or a swatch for this and if yes is there a tutorial to do this? Do you know any resources that make and sell such a thing? Appreciate any guidance you may furnish me. I kinda need to learn this ASAP ...  like today.

Disclosure:  I am super new to this program and have little to no experience with graphic programs.  I used to do this sort of thing in a cutting software (I just dragged the texture onto the words and it filled it in)  but it won't export a 300 dpi photo for it to be printed at a printer for posters.

If you google Photographic Textures there are lots of places you can download them for free.

Put the texture on a pixel layer.

Type what you want using artistic text.

Right click on the Text layer and click Mask to Below.

That's it

Tip, when you start with the text tool, click and drag upwards and that will show you what size you will be applying and set it for you.

Windows PCs. Photo and Designer, latest non-beta versions.

• 9 months later...
On 10/6/2017 at 11:19 PM, Emeraldz said:

post-61730-0-97052100-1497154739_thumb.jpg

1.- write the word

2.- search the image and copy it

3.- click in "insert into selection"

4.- ctrl+v
Thats all

write3.jpg

write2.jpg

write4.jpg

write.jpg