You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Brush Tool Tutorial?

I need some help on some tasks while using the Brush Tool in the App for the iPad. Dont see a dedicated tutorial for Brush tool so maybe its imbedded in a tutorial. If so, please point me in this direction.

The problem I am having is that I need to bring down the opacity to about 79% and brush size to around 10. (I am recoloring green peteyes). I am using the Apple Pencil and my IPP 9.7". Anyway I see the tabs at the bottom, (after selecting Brush Tool and correct color) one option seems to move the blue circle(dial) to change the numbers and that goes haywire. Another way that works is tapping on the little screen that shows and manually tap the correct numbers. First That requires 3 taps to zero out the wrong numbers that are automatically already there. So there must be an easier way to set brush size and opacity than all that? Sorry if this isnt clear.

Are you trying to adjust the dial by dragging in a circle around the dial, or dragging to the left or to the right?

This is one of the methods I tried i.e. Dragging the dial around the circle, with the pencil. Either right or left, once I reach the bottom, the numbers begin to go opposite direction from where they were at the top of the dial. I have better luck by bringing up the small screen showing the numbers but then I have to tap three times to zero out nunber that is there by default, after zeroing out, I can select the number I want. This just doesnt seem right. To me it seems I should be able to drag the dial to the right/left to raise/lower the number (not working). Again this is to set opacity and size of brush.

This is one of the methods I tried i.e. Dragging the dial around the circle, with the pencil. Either right or left, once I reach the bottom, the numbers begin to go opposite direction from where they were at the top of the dial.

Try dragging horizontally without going around the dial. Just straight out.

It's shown pretty well in this video around the 2:15 mark.