You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Still raw data after developing?

If I develop my raw file after some quick adjustments, then decide I want to do more changes and go into the develop persona again, do I still have access to the same raw data? Or has everything been converted into a pixel layer?

Also, if I develop my raw file and then add a filter, let's say I use the filter for shadows and highlights. Does that filter then take use of the full data from the raw file or is it a pixel layer as if it was a jpeg?

• Staff

Hi Daphen,

When you 1st open the RAW file, it opens in the Develop persona, which has a few more options than the normal Develop Persona, as this is a RAW file we are working with.  Any changes here are applied to the full RAW data.  Once you leave this, the file is no longer a RAW image and is now seen as a pixel layer by Affinity.  If you now switch to the Develop Persona, you are working with the pixel layer and not the RAW data.  The same applies for any filters that are applied, these are getting applied to the pixel version of the image as that is what we are working with at this stage.