You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Convert PDF to Objects?

It's been a while on here, and I've just tried using A.D. again after the early release. A lot of my original gripes have been fixed, however, I cannot find how to "CONVERT PDF TO OBJECTS" anywhere. This is a function I use every day with iDraw and Intaglio, and this is really the only thing keeping me from using A.D. as my primary vector app.

Am I missing something, or is this feature not included? If it's not here, this is something that NEEDS to be in this app. Otherwise, not useful for me at all.

Thanks,

Bryan

MacBook Pro (Retina, Mid 2012) // 2.3 GHz Intel Core i7 / 8 GB 1600 MHz DDR3 / NVIDIA GeForce GT 650M 1024 MB // OS X 10.11.3 // Affinity Designer 1.4.1

• Staff

Hi Bryan,

Don't drag/Place PDF files on the canvas (this will embed the PDF in the affinity document). Instead use File->Open to open an editable version of the PDF. There's currently no way to convert an embedded PDF in objects. You can however double-click the embedded PDF to open a new a window where you can edit it.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Bryan,

Don't drag/Place PDF files on the canvas (this will embed the PDF in the affinity document). Instead use File->Open to open an editable version of the PDF. There's currently no way to convert an embedded PDF in objects. You can however double-click the embedded PDF to open a new a window where you can edit it.

Thanks MEB! That worked great. Still, it would be nice if you could drop the PDF onto the canvas, then rather than double-clicking to get an editable version, it could just "convert" that into an editable version right on the canvas. That's what Intaglio and iDraw do.

But I'll use your method as it does work, just involves an extra step of copy/paste the PDF objects back onto my canvas.

Bryan

MacBook Pro (Retina, Mid 2012) // 2.3 GHz Intel Core i7 / 8 GB 1600 MHz DDR3 / NVIDIA GeForce GT 650M 1024 MB // OS X 10.11.3 // Affinity Designer 1.4.1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...