You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

iOS photo library intergration

When importing a photo from the iOS photos application, Affinity Photo does not import the time and place metadata of the photo. Then when I go to export my finished photo, Affinity Photo will not let me save my changes back to the original photo. Instead, when exporting back to the photos app, it creates a new photo in which the only metadata is the time that the photo was exported, not the time that the photo was taken, and with no location data.

Will this be fixed to be more like other iOS photo editors?

• 1 month later...

The whole integration of iOS photo library is remarkably weak. This is the main storage and should be the FIRST choice for any external image functions, not just placing an image. "Apply image", "Displace", etc. – all open cloud dialog without any chance to go to the Photo library. Why?

Also "place" should have a 100% option. 99 times out of 100 I want to just bring in a picture from the library without having to size it first. I can always resize it later if I want.

How do you export to photos app? I can only export to iCloud Drive, then I have to share it to photos. Very clunky.

i want direct export to photos app and other apps that can accept jpegs, pngs, etc...such as Wordpress, twitter, etc....

• Staff
On 7/17/2017 at 5:46 PM, Nighternet said:

Also "place" should have a 100% option. 99 times out of 100 I want to just bring in a picture from the library without having to size it first. I can always resize it later if I want.

Hi Nighternet,
When placing the image tap the screen once instead of dragging a marquee.

19 hours ago, marcoborghesi said:

When you expert prese share in bottom left corner. Choose save image then leave the export section. Your photo is into camera roll

I know, but this is counterintuitive. Why not simply "save". Photo library should be the first choice in all of the interaction with external images, including place, save, load, mix, displace, etc.

18 hours ago, MEB said:

Hi Nighternet,
When placing the image tap the screen once instead of dragging a marquee.

Ahhh, that tap again. Where does this tap extravaganza come from? From the tiny phone screen, where is no room for more buttons? On iPad Pro there is enough room for twice as many buttons, especially when it's so easy to hide all of them if necessary. Would it be more natural to just place it at 100% then, using AP magnificent on-screen resize/rotate tool to let the user do whatever he wants to do?

1 hour ago, Nighternet said:

I know, but this is counterintuitive. Why not simply "save". Photo library should be the first choice in all of the interaction with external images, including place, save, load, mix, displace, etc.

Agreed.