You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

I have Lightroom version 5.7

I also have Photoshop which of course the two are from the same developer....

In Lightroom I have the option to Edit in and external Editor... 99% of the time I use Photoshop.

Creative Cloud is becoming too expensive so I've luckily found this awesome program. Loving the tutorials etc... 

Ok my issue is that when I try to edit in external editor and I chose Affinity Developer as my choice that's all fine, but then I get this message.

I took a screen shot of it... 

post-61395-0-15686900-1497003451_thumb.png

Now normally, this would work, however, today I just wiped my drive and reinstalled everything to give my computer a fresh start. (I use an iMac with OS X Sierra)

Permissions are fine on all of my folders, that shouldn't be an issue. So does this error lie within Affinity Program at all?

Please help! I would love to make this program my go to source.

...99% of the time I use Photoshop.

Creative Cloud is becoming too expensive so I've luckily found this awesome program.

Unfortunately I don't know the answer to your question, so someone else will need to help you out with that, however looking at this post and also your post in another thread, did you accidently purchase Affinity Designer instead of Affinity Photo?  Or have you bought both?

Unfortunately I don't know the answer to your question, so someone else will need to help you out with that, however looking at this post and also your post in another thread, did you accidently purchase Affinity Designer instead of Affinity Photo?  Or have you bought both?

I purchased Affinity Designer then downloaded the Affinity Designer Beta (as it stated to do) But... like I said before (in my other post) It DID work prior to me cleaning up my system. Now it won't work at all.

I purchased Affinity Designer then downloaded the Affinity Designer Beta (as it stated to do) But... like I said before (in my other post) It DID work prior to me cleaning up my system. Now it won't work at all.

I think you've misunderstood my reply.  In your recent posts you've said that you are a landscape/macro photographer and that you bought Affinity because you want to switch to Affinity from Photoshop.  There are two different Affinity products, there's Affinity Designer and there's Affinity Photo.  You are using Affinity Designer, which is great, however there will be more photo oriented tools in Affinity Photo than in Affinity Designer.  That's the reason why I asked whether you've accidently bought Affinity Designer instead of Affinity Photo.  I don't want you to think Affinity is missing features, when in reality it's because those features are in Affinity Photo rather than in Affinity Designer.

With regards to your file permissions problem, a quick search of previous forum posts brings up some issues to do with sandboxing and too many fonts installed, however I really can't help you with that as it's not something I know anything about.  Somebody else will need to help you with that.

Yeah, I get what you're saying.... so I purchased the Affinity Photo.....

NEITHER applications are working. Same error on BOTH. Can't even "place" an image on a new document. Tried large and small, jpegs, tiff's, you name it. I'm trying everything I can to try to work this out.

I've also just deactivated fonts and went back to the standard basics.... restarted computer -  still will not load images of any type.

I'm about to ask for a refund because this is getting stupid.

Have you run Disk Utility's "First Aid" on the Total Storage volume (& your normal startup drive)? Does the same problem occur for photos stored on the startup drive? In Disk Utility, when you click the info button with the Total Storage volume selected, what does it say next to "File system" & farther down next to "Owners enabled"?

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7

Have you run Disk Utility's "First Aid" on the Total Storage volume (& your normal startup drive)? Does the same problem occur for photos stored on the startup drive? In Disk Utility, when you click the info button with the Total Storage volume selected, what does it say next to "File system" & farther down next to "Owners enabled"?

Been there done that.... doesn't matter where the photo is located or what drive it's on- permissions check, disk utility - check. The one thing I haven't done is RE re-install Mac OS. I just reinstalled it yesterday and this is when it started to happen.... after! Was working fine before as I've said.

I'm an Apple technician so troubleshooting is my job.

Just stumped with this one. Have also uninstalled a program that wasn't from the App Store - no change.

I've had these external drives for a couple of years they are still healthy.

Before you nuke the system, you should right click on the file and have a look at its permissions. Also, you can repair all permissions in a bulk fashion. These things happen occasionally in unix systems (like macOS), so it's profitable to learn a few tricks before doing a system reset over and over.