You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

13 hours ago, walt.farrell said:

Not, but only because the same sequence of actions as you took in Designer, when done in Publisher, keeps the path fill and stroke. It is the inconsistency in identical actions that suggests to me there's a bug in one of them.

The inconsistency is by design. It's because Publisher can edit them and Designer can't. At some point we'll probably give Designer the ability to edit them too, and then they'll be the same again.

There is a bug in Designer 1.7.2 in that Convert to Text Frame ought to work like Convert to Text Path, but doesn't. It always preserves the stroke and fill which you then have no way to edit.You have to remember to clear them before doing the conversion.

• 1 year later...

I'm a complete beginner with Designer—though in the past I did work a bit with Adobe Illustrator—and have basic experience using Affinity Publisher—again, I have used Pagemaker, Quark Express and In Design in the past, though at an amateur level. That said:

I currently want to create a small text—3 words—in a large type size but turn the font into outline so that I can have different colours for stroke and fill. In Designer, if I convert the text to curves, I lose the stroke and fill completely. From trying to understand this thread, am I right in thinking I'll need to do that in Publisher, then open it in Designer to work on the rest of the design?

Thank you.

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...
10 minutes ago, PLdesign said:

I am attempting to convert text to outlines so that I can skew the text.

You can 'skew' the text via the Shear setting in the Character Panel, without converting the text to outlines.

(Screenshot is from V2 but it’s the same in V1.)

image.thumb.png.86512f672058d8a12c827eed887f806e.png

Edited by GarryP
Added screenshot.

Yeah, menu “Text → Show Character” does the same thing as menu (in V1) “View → Studio → Character”.

And menu “Text → Show Paragraph” does the same thing as menu (in V1) “View → Studio → Paragraph”.

Did you manage to do what you wanted to do?