You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

I’m working on a 150 artboards document for an app. I’m using an export preset that saves in 3 files per artboard.

I’d like to export only modified artboards or a selection of them and countinuous export isn’t the solutions for some cases (a symbol on all artboards is like and export all).

post-6268-0-94457000-1496992429_thumb.png

Now we have the ability to export New items only, Export all slices or export only selected output files.

post-6268-0-28032500-1496992956_thumb.png

I’d like to have the option to select the slices from Slices panel, then get in the export panel an Export selected button.

A “select/deselect all" in export panel could help too.

Hi Teo,

I'm not sure i understood your post correctly but you can already select which slices to export when clicking the Export Slices button in the Slices panel. Simply untick/uncheck the checkbox of the slices you don't want to export.

You have understood what I mean, but in my situation I have to uncheck 150x3=450 output files if I need to export only one artboard, so a select/deselect all slices button could help; an Export selected slices could be better.

• 2 months later...

An additional improvement could be assigning the Continuous export binded to a slice, not for all the project: using for UI design with symbols, the useful a continuous export becomes unusable on large project because now, on each change all the slices are re-exported.

• 10 months later...
  • 1 month later...

+1

I second this... having hundreds of slices to export and then having to update 10 of them and exporting just these updated one is a pain as I have to deselect all of them and then just check these 10.

A feature of exporting just the selected ones (not the checked ones) would be awesome and speed up the workflow.

Check out my awesome Affinity Creations!

When you look at the Slices panel, there's an icon to the right of the selection box/checkbox, which will export just that slice, ignoring the others. Wouldn't that do what you want?

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

10 minutes ago, walt.farrell said:

When you look at the Slices panel, there's an icon to the right of the selection box/checkbox, which will export just that slice, ignoring the others. Wouldn't that do what you want?

I know about that... but when I have like 10 slices or more, I have to click each one to export it one by one, then click Save each time, which is time consuming and ridiculous considering the potential of a productivity software like AD. I don't think I'm asking much... the functionality is already there. Just need a button at the bottom that says: Export selected slices. That's it.

Good point, dpcdpc11.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

• 2 years later...
  • 6 months later...

Hello,

One idea that just cames to my mind after reading this thread and see no solution is to select and copy the artboards that you need from Designer Persona, then Command+N (or Ctrl+N for Windows) to create a new document and paste them there. After you open the Export Persona and export them. 
I think this may help if you have too many artboarts but need to only export a few of them.

• 1 year later...

If I understand this issue, maybe this is useful: on Macos you can select multiple or all slices in the Slices panel, then if you check or uncheck any one of them, all the selected are checked or unchecked accordingly. Don't know about Windows.

Screen Recording 2022-10-06 at 10.18.44.gif

Mac mini M1 / macOS Ventura / 8 GB ram / Wacom Intus pen & touch / Affinity suite v1 & v2

On 10/6/2022 at 11:22 AM, Ideagonal said:

If I understand this issue, maybe this is useful: on Macos you can select multiple or all slices in the Slices panel, then if you check or uncheck any one of them, all the selected are checked or unchecked accordingly. Don't know about Windows.

Screen Recording 2022-10-06 at 10.18.44.gif

It works the same in Windows but you didn't seem to understand the issue here or the requested feature. Please read again the first post and my comments above.

On 9/3/2018 at 7:21 PM, Cristian Dragos said:

when I have like 10 slices or more, I have to click each one to export it one by one, then click Save each time

Mmm, I think I understood it right. You can select any 'x' number of slices in the slices panel, click the "Check to include..." on one of them (all 'x' slices became selected to export) and click the button "Export Slices (x)" to export, instead of exporting each one of them at a time. Wasn't that the issue?

Mac mini M1 / macOS Ventura / 8 GB ram / Wacom Intus pen & touch / Affinity suite v1 & v2