Sign in to follow this  
kao

[Fixed] LUTs crash the app

Tapping Adjustments > LUT > Load and uploading a LUT file is a sure way to crash the app and sometimes even whole iOS.

If I create a LUT adjustment in the Mac app and save in Affinity native format, I can open it on iPad but have issues with rendering.

Tested with LUTs in .cube format on a 12.9 inch iPad Pro.

Really hope that this can be fixed as LUTs seem to be the easiest way to apply presets in Affinity Photo.

Hi there,

Also wanted to report issues with the LUT effect.  I try to load up .cube files, and either a weird graphical glitch will occur, or on rare occasions will cause the app to freeze or crash.  Let me know if any other info is required.

What type of files are accepted for LUTs? I tried to download a .uasset file and the app crashed. I had opened the LUT adjustment and clicked on the folder at the bottom. That took me to my Dropbox where I had the extracted file. I clicked on one and the app closed. How can I add some look up tables?

On 6/13/2017 at 11:14 AM, Chris_K said:

Are any of you able to attach an example LUT that is causing the crash for you?

Thanks

Hello, and I've just saved a 3D LUT to my desktop (following tutorial video instructions).  On attempting to Layer>New Adjustment Layer>LUT adjustment>Load LUT... (from desktop) AP stops responding.  It takes a few seconds and returns to the 'Load LUT...' dialogue box; seemingly stuck in a loop.  The LUT adjustment indicates on the layer as having been applied to the image, but without any adjustments.  I have made several attempts, but the last one caused the programme to crash. 

I do hope that this can be corrected.  

Many thanks, 

Red_Boost.cube

LUT Screenshot.png