You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Photo on iPad (impression)

Hey,

This is just a quick message to the Serif team.

I've been tinkering about with your Photo app for the iPad all night and I must say, it's very impressive. For about a year, my 12.9" iPad Pro has been on the brink of being sold because it hasn't once lived up to it's much touted 'pro' status (mainly due to the apps on offer). Photo has absolutely changed that for me. It still has a good few bugs here and there but to knock out an app of this quality is very impressive.

Seriously guys, well bloody done.

❤️

post-44337-0-03971400-1496951918_thumb.jpg

I have waited the past year also--and am happy so far. I"m a long time user of other programs for last 17 years (Capture One, PS and LR and others--and am currently an Adobe CC subscriber but wanting to ditch the subscription route). My biggest need now is a DAM for my Mac which I'm researching. My other question is if the Mac and Ipad versions of Affinity Photos are able to be linked in some way.

I have waited the past year also--and am happy so far. I"m a long time user of other programs for last 17 years (Capture One, PS and LR and others--and am currently an Adobe CC subscriber but wanting to ditch the subscription route). My biggest need now is a DAM for my Mac which I'm researching. My other question is if the Mac and Ipad versions of Affinity Photos are able to be linked in some way.

The only thing still tying me to the Adobe CC is Lightroom, so I'm also on the hunt for a good DAM. Affinity have mentioned that they are going to develop one but I think it'll be quite a wait until it appears. Tell you what though, when the day comes that I'm sitting on Designer, Photo, Publisher AND an Affinity DAM, I'll be made up.

And what do you mean by 'linked'? In what way?