You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

AP iPad - Fill options parity

One thing I add on all my images as a finishing touch is a solid color overlay at a low opacity in the reflect blend mode. The way I do this on the desktop is to create a new pixel layer and using the fill command. I have found on the iPad version there are a few ways to fill a layer with a solid color, but none of them offer the same options for fill that the desktop version does. Let me explain. After invoking the fill command on desktop, I bring down the opacity to something like 3%, I change the blend mode to reflect and I mess around with colors in the color wheel until I find something that works with my image. I'm able to do this all within the fill panel before committing the change. I then change the opacity to 100% and blend mode to normal before committing the change. i then change the blend mode and opacity on the layer. The order might not necessarily matter, but being able to change all 3 in the same panel allows me to see how it affects my image before selecting a color. Hopefully, that wasn't too long winded and you get my meaning. Keep up the good work and I look forward to the many changes in the future.

Fill.mp4

iPad Pro 12.9 M1/Mac Mini M1, in that order

Just use a fill layer or a rectangle

Choose the blend mode and opacity

And adjust the color/ readjust as you like, you never have to commit anything

I guess I do it that way on the desktop side because once you apply, you can't go back and change the color...I think. So I was just looking to carry over that workflow to iPad. After reading your reply, I see that it's not necessary and I can change the color after the fact. Thanks for the reply, this solved my "issue".

iPad Pro 12.9 M1/Mac Mini M1, in that order