Sign in to follow this  
kjmatthews

Save to Affinity folder on iCloud?

Not sure if this is a bug or by design, but why can I not save my files from iPad directly to the Affinity Designer folder on iCloud (where all my other *.afphoto files from AF desktop live)?

Hi kjmatthews,

Welcome to Affinity Forums :)

You can Save A Copy to iCloud Drive but not save directly to it.

We are aware of this and other workflow issues and will do our best to improve/solve them in the future. iOS 11 will also bring some changes here so we will have to see how all this will work out.

You can Save A Copy to your Affinity Designer folder on iCloud Drive but not save directly to it.

I can Save a Copy to the iCloud Drive root, and a selection of other folders, but the Affinity Designer folder is grayed out and not available for selection!

Hi kjmatthews,,

Yes, sorry, i forgot there's an issue/bug here which i still need to check. It's being discussed in other thread somewhere.

Ohhh Miguel! We forgive you, I know you're super busy typing away... don't forget to let me know when you've checked it out.

About me: Trainer at Apple, Freelance Video Editor, Motion Graphics Artist, Website Designer, Photographer. Yes I like creating things!!!

Instagram:https://www.instagram.com/mystrawberrymonkey/

Twitter:@mystrawmonkey  @imAllanThompson

Web: mystrawberrymonkey.com  Portfolio: behance.net/allanthompson

YouTube: Affinity Designer & Photo Tutorials

Hi kjmatthews,

We are aware of this and other workflow issues and will do our best to improve/solve them in the future. iOS 11 will also bring some changes here so we will have to see how all this will work out.

Might this change with iOS 11 and Files?

Thanks.

Hi kjmatthews,

Thanks for this, Matt. I was able to export the file I was working on as a PSD file and save it directly to the iCloud root, and was able to open it via AP on my Mac without any problem. The only bummer is the file-size ended up being about 32X the original size, but it saves me from having to recreate what I was working on. I know you and your team are feverishly working on this to make it even more seamless…so far, absolutely love it!