Cette publication en français Este post en español Questo post in italiano この投稿は日本語です 这个帖子用中文 Esta publicação em português Это сообщение на русском Dieser Beitrag auf Deutsch     (Correct at time of writing)

As detailed at the top of our App Store description - Affinity Photo for iPad supports iPad Pro, iPad Air 2 and iPad (early 2017). Please note that older iPads are not supported

The Apple App Store hardware "Compatibility" list is automatically generated, and may list some iPad models that do not meet our minimum specification (2GB RAM, advanced 'Metal' acceleration and a minimum 9.7-inch screen). Currently Apple do not allow us to change that information to display the right list of iPads that we support, so it also includes unsupported models (of iPad Air, iPad Mini 2, Mini 3 & Mini 4).   Serif would like our App store entry to say this list.   "Compatibility: Requires iOS 10.3 or later. Compatible with iPad Air 2, iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, 12.9-inch iPad Pro, 12.9-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular, 10.5-inch iPad Pro, 10.5-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular, 9.7-inch iPad Pro, 9.7-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Wi-Fi (5th generation), and iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (5th generation)."   We have requested that Apple modify the store submission process for this to avoid lower spec hardware being listed.

If you have purchased the iPad version and do not own a compatible iPad you will need to contact App Store Support staff to request a refund here https://getsupport.apple.com/. then choose product iPad, In there choose "iOS and Applications" and select "App does not work as expected". Then on the next screen choose a method, for example "Report a Problem"   Alternatively you can use their (English) contact form https://www.apple.com/emea/support/itunes/contact.html   Serif suggest that you use this reason when you request a refund :
  “Affinity Photo does not work on my model of iPad. The iPad App Store 'compatibility' section suggests that my iPad model is supported by this software, but the minimum specification for "Affinity Photo for iPad" is an A8 GPU or above and 9.7 inch screen or above. Due to the fact that the store submission process does not have any way to exclude my model I did not know it would not work before buying. Serif also say that this iPad App Store limitation has been acknowledged by Apple”.