You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

iPad app not exporting

I can't export any of my work I did my first project successfully now I have two more projects I'm working on neither will export I've left them sitting for 15 min each all I get is the buffering symbol spinning.

Also just a suggestion if it's possible in the near future to get an import directly from your camera, or sd card would be sweet I'm a raw shooter this app is everything I need to get me 100% away from using my computer.

Thanks keep up the great work!!!!

• Staff

Hi Dante and Welcome to the Affinity Forums,

On the export screen, can you slide 'Embed Meta Data' off and see if you can then export after that.   There is an issue where exporting RAW files with that option enabled causes the app to get stuck.  It's already been logged for the Dev team to investigate.

Also your suggestion about importing from SD card ect has been raised and logged :) so we should see some improvements to this over time :)

• Staff

Hi DANTE,

Welcome to Affinity Forums :)

You can copy the respective layer going to the ellipsis menu (the three dots on the top of the interface) in Photo Persona and selecting Pasteboard ▸ Copy, then open you other project go to the ellipsis menu again and select Pasteboard ▸ Paste.

Another way is to export the cutout image as a TIFF or PNG-24 taping the document icon (on the left of the ellipsis icon) on the top of the interface then selecting Export. Then open the other project file, tap the ellipsis icon again (the three dots on the top of the interface) and select Place ▸ Place Image. Tap the canvas to actually place the image in the new project.

• 1 year later...