You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity Photo Customer Beta - 1.6.0.72

Click here to download the latest beta

Purpose: New features
Requirements: A valid product key, issued when Windows Affinity Photo version 1.5 was purchased.

This is the second beta of a substantial change to our codebase and as much as we have tried to ensure the quality of the code, it is considered to be not suitable for production use. This means that you should not attempt to use it for commercial purposes or for any other activity that you may be adversely affected by the application failing. In addition it is definitely worth noting that files created in Affinity 1.6 may not open in 1.5 so always make a copy of your important documents before opening them in 1.6 to ensure you do not accidentally overwrite them and are unable to open them in your 1.5 version.

We hope you enjoy the latest build, and as always, if you've got any problems, please don't hesitate to post here and we'll get back to you as soon as we can. Thanks once again for your continued feedback.

If you have a general question about the software, please head over to the Questions Forum, or if you have any suggestions, please head over to the Feature Requests forum.

Fixes

• Fixed rendering problems with Windows Display Scale set to something other than 100% or 200%
  • Fixed a variety of Light UI bugs
  • Added option to use High Precision input from WinTab (Wacom and compatible) devices (off by default)

Known Issues

• Huion tablets are failing to provide input

Looking good so far...pixellation on monitors with non-standard dpi is fixed, as is the Process and Cancel buttons in the RAW persona. Thanks guys!

Asus ROG Strix G17 Notebook:
AMD Ryzen 7 5800H 3.80 GHz with Radeon Vega Graphics | 32GB DDR4 3200mHz RAM
Nvidia GeForce RTX 3060 Ti 8GB Gfx | 2x 2TB SSD NVMe PCIe M.2 3x4 | Windows 11 Version 22H2 Build 22623.870

Installing without problems... used the new wacom input but have to say that (using the undo brush tool) doing one stroke there is a pause of a view seconds , after that it renders further the changes. Then another stroke ... the same pause again and again....  Generally spoken if i do the same with the mouse , no lag at all.

But still i am not happy with using the undo brush tool and only having 2 pixel layers active. The performance is very poor when making changes with the pen or the mouse...I use different blend modes with two layers of the same (reference layer is the bottom one) to change local contrast...

When i put the brush previews to off ... it is way better but still not good .

Another Problem i saw is in the Failures.JPG. Please look at the image and those ugly patterns came up at the left of the yellow line...

I did some work on the left side of the image with the undo brush tool, but definitly not in the area of the yellow lines.

The second attached Image shows the underlying (referenced) layer. I could notice this behaviour several times.

post-47615-0-01166900-1496932308_thumb.jpg

post-47615-0-44932900-1496932315_thumb.jpg

AP 1.5.1 / 1.6.x.x BETA , C1 , Lenovo W541 , Wacom Intuos Pro (S / M (new))

The histogram in the developer mode is displayed with a large lag. At 1.5 was displayed in real time.

Windows 11 64-bit,

AMD Ryzen 9 3900 + Nvidia 1660 Super + Nvidia Studio driver + 32 Gb RAM.

German:

Hallo, die 72 ist wie die 71 unbenutzbar: Mauszeiger blendet sich aus; Verschieben von Objekten mit seltsamen Ergebnissen; die helle Oberfläche ist störisch... Sowohl beim Designer als auch Photo. Danke.

Google:

Hello, the 72 is like the 71 unused: mouse pointer blends itself out; Moving objects with strange results; The light surface is stubborn ... Both the designer and the photo. Thank you.

I7, Nvidia GeForce GTX 750i, 8 GB of RAM, Intuos3 newest driver, Win10 home

https://forum.affinity.serif.com/index.php?/topic/41503-wacom-problems-with-the-size-of-the-brush-ap-15xx-16xx/ - Incorrect brush behavior. Wacom.

Incorrect brush behavior. Wacom.
I refused Adobe Photoshop in favor of AP, and now neither in commercial nor in the beta version does it work :( SOS.

Windows 11 64-bit,

Hello,

In dark or light mode, when stabilization of the brush is active, the mouse cursor disappears for acces tu the UI (Up, right and left fonctions)

On Windows 7 SP1

Best regard

Same exact problem here.

Win 7x64 sp1, Quadro KK4000, 32gb ram.

The workaround I've found to avoid the issue is to turn off the stabilizer and re-open AP. So far it seems it works.

Another interesting thing is that in the previous release, the high precision tablet input wasn't working, whereas in this release it's working better.

Not 100% there yet though, when I use a large brush there's a quite big lag after I painted and for some seconds I can't click anything in the UI.

Switching back to the default brush engine and everything works fine, even with large brushes.

Hope this can give the developers a clue of what they can investigate in order to fix the problem.

About Develop Persona: the buttons now look good and as for the histogram at first, I thought I had the same issue as other users pointed out but after a few clicks on the various exposure, contrast etc., the histogram showed up.

Thanks for the build!

Andrew
-
Win10 x64 AMD Threadripper 1950x, 64GB, 512GB M.2 PCIe NVMe SSD + 2TB, dual GTX 1080ti
Dual Monitor Dell Ultra HD 4k P2715Q 27-Inch

I have check the High Precision input from WinTab (Wacom and compatible) option. It is really hard to say anything changes.I have an impression like the circles (when draw fast) are slighlty better rounded and smooth, but still not perfect. On the other hand the lag at the begginig of every new stroke seems little worse.

65jpg_8129981_26498216.jpg

What is this button without the icon? It has two positions, is pressed and not pressed.

Windows 11 64-bit,

Vignette Live Filter: a grid appears when the Vignette is used. Someone already mentioned this in the previous build and it's happening in the current build as well.

Andrew
-
Win10 x64 AMD Threadripper 1950x, 64GB, 512GB M.2 PCIe NVMe SSD + 2TB, dual GTX 1080ti

For some reason, the ESC key is not associated with the Select/Deselect Layers command.

Is there a way to add it back to the shortcuts? I can't simply press ESC in the shortcut associated field as it simply closes the shortcut preference window.

I tried using an ASCII character, but it seems I can only type ALT+ followed by one character (either 2 or 7) and not two characters (27, which is the ASCII value for ESC).

Any hint?

Andrew
-

Click here to download the latest beta

Purpose: New features

Requirements: A valid product key, issued when Windows Affinity Photo version 1.5 was purchased.

This is the second beta of a substantial change to our codebase and as much as we have tried to ensure the quality of the code, it is considered to be not suitable for production use. This means that you should not attempt to use it for commercial purposes or for any other activity that you may be adversely affected by the application failing. In addition it is definitely worth noting that files created in Affinity 1.6 may not open in 1.5 so always make a copy of your important documents before opening them in 1.6 to ensure you do not accidentally overwrite them and are unable to open them in your 1.5 version.

We hope you enjoy the latest build, and as always, if you've got any problems, please don't hesitate to post here and we'll get back to you as soon as we can. Thanks once again for your continued feedback.

If you have a general question about the software, please head over to the Questions Forum, or if you have any suggestions, please head over to the Feature Requests forum.

Fixes

• Fixed rendering problems with Windows Display Scale set to something other than 100% or 200%
  • Fixed a variety of Light UI bugs
  • Added option to use High Precision input from WinTab (Wacom and compatible) devices (off by default)

Known Issues

• Huion tablets are failing to provide input

Would somebody please like to elaborate on the Huion Tablet please?  Cheers John

AMD Ryzen 7 5800 X. Nvidia GeForce RTX3060 64Gb Ram
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2.4 for Windows • Windows 11 (23H2 build 22631 3235) Home
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2.4 for iPad Pro 10.5  • iPad OS 17.3.1

Is there an integration with Windows 10's tablet mode in the works?

Like a switch to an Ipad like UI when someone flips the keyboard on a device like a surface pro?

I always felt the desktop UI not that user friendly for such devices and was really impressed with the UI on the Ipad version.

The source pointer of the clone brush behaves somewhat strange. In the stable version it moves relatively to the mouse cursor or stays on the designated source point until I start painting (depending on whether "align source" is ticked or not). Not so in the latest beta, there it jumps back and forth. When I move the mouse cursor without painting the source pointer seems to follow the mouse cursor and if I don't move the mouse the source pointer is somewhat hidden inside the mouse cursor (inside the circle). As soon as I start painting the source pointer jumps back to the source point where it should be. I made a video to show you the behavior. It's definitely easier to understand if you can see it.

It's only an optical problem though, the clone brush itself works as expected. Maybe you can fix this for your next beta or is this an intended behavior?

Ashampoo_Snap_2017.06.13_00h26m15s_002_.wmv

Hi, what would you like to know?

My Huion works ok in AP  but there is no sensitivity like what is possible in AD. Sorry correction sensitivity does work

AMD Ryzen 7 5800 X. Nvidia GeForce RTX3060 64Gb Ram
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2.4 for Windows • Windows 11 (23H2 build 22631 3235) Home
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2.4 for iPad Pro 10.5  • iPad OS 17.3.1

• 3 weeks later...