You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Copy object

Hi, 

I like affinity a lot, mostly what it very similar to Photoshop and don't have not handy tools like vector tools in photoshop.
I have suggestion to add some useful behavior from Corel Draw like copy object with holding left mouse and clicking right mouse button, it's very handy.

Also i am not totally understand separation of Designer and Photo, i like how vector tools is working but also wanna filter from photo (like photoshop have vector and filters), only because of filters i need to use another program? I am understand what Photoshop not fully vector program but as Designer has pixel working tools maybe you implement filters too?

And yes tracing of raster images also wanted, i saw what you says about three years ago and still no this feature even at roadmap.

• Staff

Hi sprayer,

Welcome to Affinity Forums :)

Thanks for your feedback. We are keeping each program focused in the areas their were designed for. Affinity Designer is an hybrid vector/raster graphic/web/ui design and illustration tool comparable to Illustrator/Fireworks. It contains a basic set of pixel tools to manage images but stops there. It's strengths are the vector tools and features for design - artboards, symbols, constraints etc etc. 

Affinity Photo ia RAW converter/developer and photo-editing tool comparable to Photoshop + Adobe Camera Raw. It contains all advanced raster based tools you'd expect from a photo editor (including histograms, scopes, channels etc) and a limited set of vector tools. They were developed to complement each other rather than having one doing everything.

We have also implemented ways to facilitate the interaction between the two: for example you can open any native affinity file (afphoto, afdesign) on any application of the suite (later there will be a third product for desktop publishing - Affinity Publisher). You can also switch from one application to another going to menu File ▸ Edit in Designer/Photo etc depending one the program you are. The file will be transferred to that program with all the History intact so you can continue working there without the need to save the file. Also features that are specific to one of the suite's programs can also be edited in another one without the need to switch to that program: for example if you add a Live filter in Affinity Photo you can edit it in Designer double-clicking the filter in the Layers panel and adjusting the filter properties without the need to switch to Photo.

There's plans to add an auto-tracing feature to Designer if the dev team get the output quality they are aiming for. This is not something easy to develop and requires some time/testing to get there.