You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

AP for iPad Export Quit

I downloaded AP for iPad this morning. Loaded slowly but completed on my ipad pro 9.7". Used my mbp to put 2 raw photos from my canon into my icloud drive. Checked and they were visible on my ipad icloud drive as Cr2. Using my IPP and AP, imported one of the photos, was SO excited when it came into the Develop Persona as it should. Was super easy to edit, develop and even fixed the green eyes (dog photo) using the paint brush tool in the Photo Persona. At that point I thought Wow, this is great. Then, I only planned on trying to get the photo back into my ipad's icloud drive with all the edits intact. (Since this was just an initial test, I didnt want a bunch of duplicates) Anyway I tapped the very top of the screen's second button, Export showed some options and I tapped Jpeg and ok. That started the typical apple spinning cog BUT that went on and on and after about 5 minutes, flipped back to my ipad home screen. All my editing was lost. I have no idea if I performed the wrong steps to export edited photo back into icloud drive or ???. Help would be greatly appreciated.

Sorry, didn't see the iPad Questions Subforum when I first posted.  Anyway, I have tried again.  And actually, in Export the cog wheel begins as soon as I tap the JPEG without me having to tap OK at the bottom.  I think this is wrong since here are several options to select before clicking OK.  Anyway, same thing the second try, but it did not crash out to the iPad Home Screen, it just stayed on the spinning cog wheel.  I hit cancel after 20 minutes of that and tried the Save As option.  This did save it to the AP Home Screen, BUT it is without any edits, just comes up as still in the Develop mode even tho I did click on Develop before trying to Export it.  I also don't really want photos showing up on my AP iPad Home Screen, that is just too cluttered to me.  I have had this workflow on my mbp since first using AP, i.e. developing, editing my photo and NOT saving a .afphoto copy.  Just store all edited photos in Pictures on my Finder.  I am a low level editor and the process has served me well so far on my mbp, want it to continue on my iPad without cluttering up my AP Home Screen.

Please Help with my initial EXPORT issue.  I am stuck unable to go any further if I can't export my photos back to my iPad iCloud drive.  BTW, I have watched the Tutorial on Opening/Saving so I think I am following the correct steps.

ETA:  I checked things again and the Photo that I Saved a Copy does show up on the AP Home Screen on the iPad but on the iCloud drive it appears as a white screen with an AP logo in the middle and opens showing that also.  Sigh, it all worked so well until I got to the Export step.