Sign in to follow this  
Noisefever

Gaps between polygons

Hello!

I think I have found a bug. There a small gaps between the polygons, even in the rendered result. I have attached images and the source file to demonstrate that. Please take a look at the black piano keys. They have white lines, what looks cool, but is not intended! The polygons should close seamless according to their coordinates.

Please correct me if I do something wrong.

Regards, Daniel

post-61439-0-14259300-1496921309_thumb.png

Synthi.afdesign

post-61439-0-73164700-1496921310_thumb.png

Thank you but unfortunately it doesn't help.

I don't do pixel art and it seems that the solution mentioned in the thread only helps in horizontal or vertical gap lines. However, I have done more searches now and found out that this seems to be a common problem of vector rendering. At least the developer claim that. As found in this thread: https://forum.affinity.serif.com/index.php?/topic/2145-seams-between-objects/?hl=seams

But honestly: this seems like an excuse. Because if I render the 1200x1200px image 10 sizes bigger (12000x12000px) and then shrink it in an external application back to 1200x1200px, then there are no gaps!
So this is not a problem of antialiasing in the first place, but of precision. So developers, please add at least an option like "render in high precision".

Regards, Daniel

(doesn't meant to sound rude! sorry if it was! I appreciate your help!)