You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Brush Size Preview (Affinity Photo for iPad)

• 3 months later...
On 6/8/2017 at 2:52 PM, stokerg said:

Hi PoloSpace,

There isn't at the moment.  The only preview is when you 1st set the size of the brush.  

I'll move this over to the Feature Requests Section as it may be something that can be added in the future.

Looks like after 2+years we're still waiting for an update of this feature or at least some response from the support team, I looked around and couldn't find a recent thread about this. 

I do a lot of fine retouching (skin, beauty, advertising) and everything related with brush (cloning, dodge&burning, healing, etc..) can't be done with accuracy. As users, I think we've widely shown our needs and interest for an urgent update of this feature, we'd like not to be ignored. If your goal is to create a professional editing app, then listen to the needs of those users who work in this business and suggests you how to improve it for real life projects. 

Thanks 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Still waiting.......................................................................................................................................................

Is there any point on the existence of this forum if no one cares from the beginning of time? 

KNOCK KNOCK AFFINTIY 

The Serif team does not usually reply to feature requests.  They do sometimes, but not usually.  They do read them.

They have posted several times on the forum explaining their reasons for this policy, but for them to continue posting that repeatedly every time someone complains about their lack of response on the forums would waste their time at least as much as would replying to the requests in the first place.

Forums are usually considered to be primarily for user-to-user discussion.

If this feature is going to be added, we will most likely first become aware of it when it is added to a beta release somewhere down the line.

Since this feature hasn't been implemented yet, I'd like to add to the ask. It would be great if not only did we get a brush size preview, but also a secondary outer radius that indicates the feathering based on brush softness, ala capture one's brush (I think lightroom's does this as well). 

iPad Pro 12.9 M1/Mac Mini M1, in that order

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Terribly difficult composing and blending background properly with an brush edge preview !  It´s been three years since first requested.  Is it that difficult to implement ?

• 6 months later...

Hello! More than three years have passed, but the function so necessary for many has not been implemented. For my work, this is extremely necessary, without it, your application, unfortunately, is useless for me. I very much ask you to implement this function in your application in the iPad version. At least when working with a mouse. Thanks!

• 1 month later...

People has been asking for this quite obvious feature since 2017. So it looks kind of pointless waiting. Artstudio Pro is more focused on painters and concept artists. Hell, I even use it more on my iPad than Photoshop on Mac and PC. Stable, fast and some really focused and content aware programmers that knows how to keep their project lean, clean and mean.

• 1 month later...
On 6/8/2017 at 10:52 PM, stokerg said:

Hi PoloSpace,

There isn't at the moment.  The only preview is when you 1st set the size of the brush.  

I'll move this over to the Feature Requests Section as it may be something that can be added in the future.

Any update on this after 3+ years?????

• 3 weeks later...

I got Affinity Photo and Designer since it came out, and I like it a lot. Still I miss this cursor support, meaning: to show the size of the tool while using it, on most everything I’m working on.

A lot of Users are missing this function.

If I could understand why this is not working, I would have less of a Problem with it.

It would be nice as a User to help you prioritize the topics you are working on, by maybe voting on it?

It also would be nice to see something like a schedule, about when you expect what Problem to be solved.

thank you for your efforts. Chris.

• 2 months later...

What the f***… This is a feature that is probably implemented in Half a day and they just dont want to do this? Its baffling to me.

We realy dont ask for much here. Just a simple F**king Circle would be enough. It doesnt have to morph or show feathering (altough that would be nice). I just want to see what the f*** im doing.

• 2 weeks later...