You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Scrolling to change slider values with a Magic Mouse

Hello,

I'm using a Magic Mouse in Affinity Photo on a MacBook Pro and cannot figure out how to get scrolling while hovering over, or clicking into, a value adjacent a slider to work. Two finger scrolling on the trackpad doesn't change the value either, however using a basic Microsoft scroll wheel mouse does!

General scrolling elsewhere in the Studio panels and in the document view work as expected, just not in changing values. Am I missing something?

I can only test with an original Apple Trackpad & my iMac but using that, clicking & dragging on text labels next to value adjustments works for things like the "w' or "h" text in the Transform panel or the Opacity text in the layers panel, but it does not work everywhere. For instance, it does not work in the Color panel when dragging on the R, G, B, or H, S, L text labels next to the sliders.

However, that much is the same for the scroll ring (equivalent to a scroll wheel) on my Kensington trackball -- where that works, so does clicking & dragging with the trackpad; where it does not with one, neither does it work with the other.

Where it is different is when scrolling (without clicking) while hovering over a numeric value field -- with the scroll ring, the values change as expected, but two finger scrolling with the trackpad does nothing. If that is what you are seeing, I think it is a bug or limitation of the software.

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7

That is indeed what I'm finding regarding hovering over a numeric value field. A regular, let's call it traditional maybe, scroll wheel mouse, will change the values perfectly, but the trackpad and Magic Mouse does not. And scrolling to change values is a real time saver for me. 

Thanks for the info regarding dragging on the text next to an input field. That really helps me a lot, but as you say, it isn't consistently implemented, and also doesn't work anywhere in the Develop Persona where I do most of my work.

Now, if this a bug or a shortcoming in the software, should I post it to the bugs subforum or the feature request subforum? It's strange that this isn't a well known issue though, or maybe it's strange that I insist on using a Magic Mouse!