You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

iPad Photo - Copy a Layer

Hi Smile

With the layer selected select the circle with the three dots on the top right to get a menu, duplicate is the first option.

*Top Left...

Hello,

how can I duplicate a layer at Affinity Photo at the iPad Pro?

With the layer selected you can also tap once with two fingers and choose duplicate

About me: Trainer at Apple, Freelance Video Editor, Motion Graphics Artist, Website Designer, Photographer. Yes I like creating things!!!

Instagram:https://www.instagram.com/mystrawberrymonkey/

Twitter: @StrawberryMnky  @imAllanThompson

Web: mystrawberrymonkey.com  Portfolio: behance.net/allanthompson

YouTube: Affinity Designer & Photo Tutorials

• 11 months later...
  • 4 years later...

I'm sorry, but the first option in the layer menu is NOT "duplicate", and tapping once with 2 fingers does NOT produce a "duplicate" command. Two fingers is just "undo".

With the layer selected on the scrolling palette, Tap AND HOLD for a moment to bring up a small menu bar with the "duplicate" command.

I could've sworn there was a one-finger tap/hold while tap/hold/dragging the layer with the Pencil kind of Duplicate command, but I may have that confused with something else.

13 hours ago, Mike Swartzbeck said:

I'm sorry, but the first option in the layer menu is NOT "duplicate", and tapping once with 2 fingers does NOT produce a "duplicate" command. Two fingers is just "undo".

This topic is five years old, and various things have changed since then. When the thread was created there was no “2-finger undo / 3-finger redo”.

With the layer selected on the scrolling palette, Tap AND HOLD for a moment to bring up a small menu bar with the "duplicate" command.

It doesn’t matter whether the layer is selected via the Layers Studio or by choosing the Move Tool and tapping on the object on the canvas. Either way, the context menu invoked by long-pressing on the canvas in the Photo persona in Affinity Photo offers a ‘Duplicate’ command. This command is not available via the context menu in Designer, in either the Designer persona or the Pixel persona: you have to use the Edit (‘…’) menu instead.

I could've sworn there was a one-finger tap/hold while tap/hold/dragging the layer with the Pencil kind of Duplicate command, but I may have that confused with something else.

I don’t think you’re imagining that, but it was probably changed at the same time as the undo/redo gestures. Hold down two fingers elsewhere on the screen to drag out a duplicate.

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)