You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

• Staff

There is no other way to buy the Mac version at the moment.

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

So I knew I used to have problems with the App store and it's unfortunate that I can't get this software I want so badly because I have to go through them. Please I'd be willing to pay for it any other way but app store. I'm so tired of having to deal with app store.

That would be a reasonable expectation if the full version were just an unlocked copy of the trial version, but it isn't: it's a separate app.

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

It just doesn't work.

What does that mean specifically? The store app won't launch from the Apple menu, it launches but won't let you sign in or create an account, or what?

The Mac App Store won't work with old versions of OS X, but it works with any version that is compatible with the Affinity apps, so that should not be a problem. The store is also the only way to upgrade to new OS X versions -- anything later than Lion (10.7) is only available as an upgrade downloaded through the store, so if can't get the store working, you will not be able to upgrade your Mac past whatever OS version it came with.

What version of OS X/macOS are you using?

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7

Does your card issuer allow you to purchase iTunes Gifts or Gift Cards?

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

That's a good point. I have had problems with that for some UK insurance companies. They have all sorts of safeguards to prevent fraud and my face (or my cards face) didn't fit.

Could you not try to pay with PayPal and see if that works? The App Store accepts PayPal and would not even know what card you use and the bank would not know it was going to the App store. PayPal are great mediators.

Only a suggestion  :)

Windows PCs. Photo and Designer, latest non-beta versions.

And you don't have another card to use? Heck, I have had family give me iTunes gift cards and I have used them in the Mac App Store.

Nothing stopping you from buying an iTunes gift card for $50 and then redeeming it and using it to buy Photo or Designer.

Edit - I see Alfred beat me to it!! Yeah, iTunes gift cards are great for using in the App store and the Mac App store.

This was on Apple.com although it's the UK page.

Give the gift of 
iTunes and Apple Music.

When you give iTunes Gift Cards and iTunes Gifts to friends and family, they can choose whatever they want from the App Store on their devices, as well as the iTunes Store and iBooks Store. And with Apple Music Gift Cards, you can give a 3-month or 12-month subscription.

Windows PCs. Photo and Designer, latest non-beta versions.

Thanks so much everyone. I'll give the Giftcards a try and see if that works. Was good to have voiced out for these great suggestions

You can buy physical iTunes Gift Cards in many bricks & mortar stores in the U.S., including many grocery & pharmacy chain stores. Look for a rack with gift cards from many vendors somewhere in the store or ask an employee. They come in fixed denominations of $15, $25, $30, $50, & $100.

For the physical cards, you don't even have to type in the redemption code: in iTunes on a Mac, just follow the instructions to hold up the card to the camera & it will read the code from the card.

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks everyone I finally purchased Affinity Designer. Next purchase will be Affinity Photo and I'm so excited. Feels like the best thing I'll ever put my money on. I just hope Affinity make a After Effects alternative in the near future. Are there plans for this?