Sign in to follow this  
Mcgee318

Can't stitch raw files

Hi Mcgee318

I'm not actually able to select any RAW files to add to the panorama they all appear greyed out so I;m guessing it's not something we actually support yet. Can I ask where you are adding the files from?

Cheers

Serif Europe Ltd - Check the latest news at www.affinity.serif.com

Lol the damn app doesn't support any of my canon raw images. Can't export any raw files I've added to the program via the cloud. It works good for jpeg. Everything that has to do with raw is broken.

I can confirm that tiff files do work. I just made a panorama of 7 150MB large tiff files. But it took me three times and closing all other apps on my iPad Pro 12.9" to stitch and render the pano succesfully. The first and second try the app crashed. Before the third try I closed all aps on my iPad Pro 12.9" and the pano stitching and rendering worked fine. It took about 5 minutes in total. Rather impressive IMHO.

But this app needs to support RAW files for pano stitching, focus stacking, etc. but it also needs to support importing RAW files from the iPad photo library so we don't have to rely on the cloud. Plain and simple.

Stitch button works. 'Creating panorama' seems to work. but Affinity Photo crashed multiple times when 'Render panorama' was almost done. Jpeg photos have to be opened from iCloud, not Photos. Using iPad Pro 9.7". i paid $21 for this app (non-US App store). It crashes frequently in rendering panoramas. After four tries, I finally succeeded in stitching ten files together to render one panorama photo.

Stitch button works. 'Creating panorama' seems to work. but Affinity Photo crashed multiple times when 'Render panorama' was almost done. Jpeg photos have to be opened from iCloud, not Photos. Using iPad Pro 9.7". i paid $21 for this app (non-US App store). It crashes frequently in rendering panoramas. After four tries, I finally succeeded in stitching ten files together to render one panorama photo.

When I tried my 33 photo panorama I experienced the same thing in terms of crashing.  5 photos to be stitched worked fine.  I know of no work around for this.

There is a work around on making panoramas if you load the photos from your ipad, you must load one photo, any photo from the cloud after loading the files from the ipad.  Turn on the sliders for the ipad photos and leave off the slider for the cloud photo.  This workaround works.  But do the load in the order I mentioned, the opposite way does not work.