You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity Designer Customer Beta (1.0.21861)

I'm having an issue inputting stroke values in the stroke palette. Works fine in the tool shelf but isn't recognizing my keystrokes in the input field of the stroke palette.  When I input a stroke width value in the tool shelf it updates in the stroke palette but won't allow any inputting... the slider works just not the input field.

anyone having this issue?

My snapping panel is white on light gray.  A bit of a readability issue. Yosemite 27" iMac.

Same here. And without luck with changing Tool UI Size and Font UI Size (yeah I know I must restart the app after changes). 

This is going to be a great app.

Still no arrowheads on lines and paths which means at the present time I still can't use it for any technical illustration. Equally spaced user-customizable ornamentation along a path would also be useful, but I can wait on that whereas the lack of arrowheads are a deal breaker for me.

How about if you replace one of the two rectangle boxes with a simple line tool? Though one can draw straight lines with the pen tool, it is often useful for alignment purposes to be able to drag out a line, rubber band style. Yes, I know that you can get a straight polygon tool by clicking the appropriate button in the tool bar but that is more clicks than necessary when one just wants to draw a simple line!

Thanks! Was surprised (pleasantly) at the "There's a newer beta" dialog. You guys rock this universe and the ones next door!

Mac OS X Catinlina, 2014 iMac, 3.5 Ghz Intel Core i7, Huion Kamvas Pro 22 Graphic Tablet, 16GB RAM, MacOS10.12 || Magic keyboard w/numeric keypad, wireless trackpad, Kengsington Edge Trackball || Flux Capacitor in a secure location

---

I encourage kids to go ahead and play on my lawn. I mean, how else can I make sure the death-traps work?

Same here. And without luck with changing Tool UI Size and Font UI Size (yeah I know I must restart the app after changes). 

Yup Same here, not pretty, but hey it's Beta. Lets all hope they'll change it back to normal in final update.   ;)

So any document created in the new beta 1.0.21861 won't be able to be opened in MAS?  I had created a new drawing with a rectangle and some images drug in.  It crashed in beta when I tried to move a layer.  So I tried to open it in MAS and it says "The file was for a different version of Persona".

iMac (27-inch, Late 2009) with macOS Sierra

Yes, you won't be able to open documents created in the latest beta on the MAS version (1.1.2).

MEB any idea when the next MAS update will happen that will allow use of the drawings made in the new beta?  I feel very exposed making something that I am stuck using one version of beta to work in.

iMac (27-inch, Late 2009) with macOS Sierra

• Staff

Although the betas are usually quite stable I'm not sure if it's a good idea to use them for production work. The betas are meant to let you try/test new features and for giving feedback, not for producing work you depend on. That's the purpose of the MAS version. I can't give you an ETA on when the MAS version will be updated because I really don't know yet.

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.