r10k

A few bugs...

When running the interactive tutorial and then starting a new document, the tutorial controls are still visible. Restarting the app is the only way I can find to fix it.

In the help file, under 'About Personas' the icon is missing for the Photo persona.

Samples won't download.

Something funky is going on with the lens blur- it crops the side off placed objects.

When deleting a project it refers to it as a document.

Hi r10k

When running the interactive tutorial and then starting a new document, the tutorial controls are still visible. Restarting the app is the only way I can find to fix it.

Unfortunately this is a known issue and is with development to fix! 

In the help file, under 'About Personas' the icon is missing for the Photo persona.

I'll get this passed onto Documentation 

Samples won't download.

I'm unable to reproduce this - can you give any more information on the experience you get? Do you get the Downloading Sample spinning wheel? What happens then? Also what iPad are you using?

Something funky is going on with the lens blur- it crops the side off placed objects.

Are you using the Live Filter for the Lens Blur? It does seem slighty different to the desktop version so I'll get this passed on to look into.

When deleting a project it refers to it as a document. 

Good catch! I'll get that passed on. Thanks again for letting us know! :D

Thanks Sean... the samples I click on run into the spinning wheel and then after about ten seconds, just backs me out to the menu again. I'm running a 9.7 iPad Pro v1 and have restarted the app. Someone else has probably also mentioned that your videos play with no sound, so I just thought it was a server thing on your side. I'll restart my iPad and see what happens.

For the lens blur, I believe it is the live version, yeah...

Regarding the video

You have to disable the silent (bell sign) in your quick settings dialog thing on the iPad

Cheers

Thanks Sean... the samples I click on run into the spinning wheel and then after about ten seconds, just backs me out to the menu again. I'm running a 9.7 iPad Pro v1 and have restarted the app. Someone else has probably also mentioned that your videos play with no sound, so I just thought it was a server thing on your side. I'll restart my iPad and see what happens.

For the lens blur, I believe it is the live version, yeah...

Regarding the sample, sorry to ask the obvious but presumably your iPad WiFi or Data is enabled and you can use the internet? If WiFi/Data is disabled you will get the behaviour you are seeing. I've reported this to development that it should report no internet connection found. The only other thing I can think of is that your device may have run out of storage space to download the sample to. Could you check that for me please?

Lastly it appears the Lens Blur is a redraw issue. If you zoom/pan your document or select the Move Tool you should find the display will refresh. I'll get that passed on.

Another UI Bug: Sometimes, when selecting the Move Tool after having used, for instance, the Pen Tool, the little “More …” triangles of the Pen Tool control fields at the bottom get stuck on screen.

Another UI Bug: Sometimes, when selecting the Move Tool after having used, for instance, the Pen Tool, the little “More …” triangles of the Pen Tool control fields at the bottom get stuck on screen.

Hi A_B_C,

This is a known issue and with development to fix! Thanks for the heads up though. :)

I'm glad you're asking all the obvious questions... but I'm an experienced user. I definitely had internet :)

Also MBd, by quick settings thing I assume you mean Control Centre? My sound was definitely on. I read somewhere else on the forum someone else had the same issue.

As an update, it's still not working. It says "Downloading sample" and... now goes nowhere. It's just stuck.

Restarted the iPad... it spent maybe three minutes downloading and then bombed me back out to the menu again.

Also Sean, I just tested and the blur is not a redraw issue. My documents save and reload with the same visual distortions.

I'm not converting it to Live. If you take an image and place it on a new document, then use the Lens Blur filter and accept the adjustment, you'll see what I see. The image with squash sideways...

Version 1.6.4.51

Crop blurs the image. Let's say I start a drawing in Procreate, then I want to make the canvas bigger. I export a psd file from Procreate, import into 

Affinity, and resize the canvas with the crop tool. When I zoom into the drawing, the pencil lines are a bit blurry. When I export the file and open it in Procreate, the same blurriness remains. I am not moving the layers, or resizing the canvas. No resempling of the original pixels should occur. I am only cropping the canvas with the crop tool, making it bigger. 

I am attaching the screenshots. The first one is of original lines, the second after a crop. As you can see, the original pencil lines are sharper. It also doesn't happen all the time. Sometimes there is more blurring, sometimes less. So I have to try the crop several times before I can get a more-or less sharp result. Selecting 'absolute dimensions' option in pixels also doesn't help.

IMG_0094.PNG

IMG_0096.PNG