You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Hi all,

Now we have Photo for iPad which I'm sure will only get better and better, I though I would start a topic around workflows. 

It the minute I'm left scratching my head and I suspect I may just now be getting it fully.

I've used photo on Mac since day one and have now got the point where it my only editing program. I'm a newborn and family photographer and especially in a newborn shoot I can have quite a lot of photo's to edit. Being able to do them on the move is going to change everything for me.

That said I'm really struggling to to work out how the sync my edits between files. If I open on of my afphoto files on my iPad from iCloud Drive make some changes and then save it, it does not seem to change the file on my Mac (I'm saving by going to the document menu > Defaults > Save or by pressing the return to home arrow).

The changes save on the home screen of the app but never save to the file thats in iCloud Drive. At first this made sense because I'm editing the local copy on the iPad. I thought I would be able to commit these changes to the iCloud file but it seems I can only make another copy which does the trick but having to do this everytime I want to switch between iPad/Mac is becoming a pain and I'm finding for this reason I just stick to Mac.

It's equally frustrating the other was because if I make changes on Mac I have to then delete the file on iPad and reimport the afphoto file.

Am I missing something here or is this the way it works at the moment.

I'm currently having that discussion here:

https://forum.affinity.serif.com/index.php?/topic/41221-affinity-ipad-how-to-save-selection-for-use-in-another-project/

it appears that is the way. 

About me: Trainer at Apple, Freelance Video Editor, Motion Graphics Artist, Website Designer, Photographer. Yes I like creating things!!!

Instagram:https://www.instagram.com/mystrawberrymonkey/

Twitter: @StrawberryMnky  @imAllanThompson

Web: mystrawberrymonkey.com  Portfolio: behance.net/allanthompson

YouTube: Affinity Designer & Photo Tutorials

I just finished reading that thread and thought well, there’s no need for my thread now, came here to update and post a link, you beat me to it haha, glad to see I’m not missing something obvious, it’s funny how once you know there is only a certain way to achieve what you want it makes the whole thing more bearable.