You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

New iPad App Just Crashes

I just urchased the new iPad app and have tried to use it on my iPad Pro. Not sure this was worth the $19.99 investment as the app is very unstable and crashes often. Biggest issues are:

1) Opening images from Apple photo. I have thousands of images, if you scroll through them too fast the app just locks up and will not respond to any commands. After about sixty seconds it will simply close down.

2) Trying to watch the tutorial videos from the home screen does the same thing. If you click on a video, the screen goes black. After about a minute the app simply closes.

MEB - I just bought this app yesterday when it was launched. It is version 1.6.1.

The issues I described are what I am experiencing for the newest version.

I don't understand this response. You just launched this app two days ago. There only is one version of it in the App Store........1.6.1.

• Staff

Hi Luxescene,

I'm sorry for not being more clear. One of the most reported issues with the first version we launched (1.6.0) was due to the use of non-localised languages - users who changed Affinity's language to something else were experiencing crashes which we then fixed in version 1.6.1. I thought you may have done the same and suggested you to update. I didn't know you were already running v1.6.1. So this is clearly another issue. Please accept my apologies. 

Regarding your issue i will try to reproduce this on my iPad with the videos and later with images since my Photos library doesn't have much and fill a bug report if it also goes wrong.

• Staff

Hi dublbutted,

Welcome to Affinity Forums :)

To import pictures to create an HDR you must click the Plus icon in the Affinity Photo Welcome Screen then select the New HDR Merge option, click Add in the next screen and select the images from your iCloud Drive or another cloud service you may have installed on your iPad. Currently there's no way to import them directly from Photos app. This was already requested by a few users as well. We are looking into ways to improve/polish Affinity Photo workflows on iOS.