DamienVassart

Storage usage

Hello :)

I purchased Affinity Photo for iPad yesterday and started to run a few tests, and I noticed that apparently, the App does not free any space on the internal storage when I remove Images or Projects.

Indeed, when I go to the iOS settings panel and I check the used memory space for Affinity Photo, I can see there is a certain amount of memory occupied by data, besides the 1.29 GB of memory occupied by the App itself, even if I remove every image in the App.

The only way I found to get space back is to remove the App and then install it again... not very convenient :unsure:

I am using a 9.7 inch iPad Pro, with the latest version of iOS (10.3.2)

Has anyone encountered the same issue ?

--

***Damien Vassart - Fine Art Photographer - Paris, France***

WebsiteInstagramFacebookTwitter

Hi dvassart

I've been looking at this and it does seem to release memory when a document is deleted in the app. As well as the size of the ap itself there is some stored data of things like preferences so the Documents and Data section will always show some data there. However it does reduce for me when documents are closed

Cheers

Serif Europe Ltd - Check the latest news at www.affinity.serif.com

Hi Chris_K,

Thanks for your reply.

I have been looking again, and I figured that lowering a little bit the number of History steps in the settings solved this issue. The occupied memory space is now acceptable.

Cheers

--

***Damien Vassart - Fine Art Photographer - Paris, France***

WebsiteInstagramFacebookTwitter

I have this problem now as well, I have had allot of pictures on the iPad, and now when I have deleted them it still “wastes” space... the app it self is 1GIG but it uses almost 7GIG of space on the iPad. And this is after I have removed everything. It looks to me that it maybe caching something. The only was it can go back to 1GIG if I delete and reinstall. 

A couple of things to check.

Do you have settings set to save on iPad?

If you look in the Files app On my IPad, is there a Affinity Photo/Designer folder?

Is it empty?

IPad Pro 10.5 512GB iOS 12.1 Affinity Photo 1.6.11.85 Affinity Design 1.6.4.45

1 hour ago, DM1 said:

A couple of things to check.

Do you have settings set to save on iPad?

If you look in the Files app On my IPad, is there a Affinity Photo/Designer folder?

Is it empty?

In the settings i have set it to save On My IPad instead of on ICloud.. However only photos dragged and dropped from camera roll into AP show in the Affinity Photo folder! Photos imported from camera roll directly from the app do not show, neither imported from the cloud. To make them appear in the files app I have to tap the three dots and hit save. I have not still tried open from cloud but i don’t know if it matters..

6DF1D652-3ED9-4CF4-8DD8-8EB1502594D7.png

A3AD615C-95FE-459B-ACE7-183E49232FB2.jpeg

0930CCE4-44E3-4809-887D-571322B0E2D9.png

715ADABA-406E-4228-AA7A-C13568732AE8.jpeg