You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Unnamed Layers on iPad

I bought the new Affinity Photo for my iPad and I'm beginning to understand how to do things. One thing I can't figure out is how you rename the layers from the default "Unnamed". For example I made a curves adjustment layer and I want to call it Dodge Layer for easier reference but can't change it. Any help?

• Staff

Hi Schultz and Welcome to the Affinity Forums,

To rename the layer, open up the Layers tab, select the layer and tap the ... icon (3 dots) and then tap the current Layer Name which should be in this case Curves Adjustment.  You'll then get a screen where you can rename the layer.

Select the layer you want to rename in the Layers Studio and then tap on the left most icon that has 3 periods enclosed in a circle. Then tap on the top most field and you will be prompted to type in a new name.

So, for example I create a pixel layer, tap on the left most icon in the Layers Studio, a window comes up with the name of 'pixel', then I tap on 'pixel' and a dialog comes up allowing me to rename the layer and I confirm it by clicking okay.

WoW, this was what I'm looking for, for several hours.....

I tapped and clicked everywere but not at the word Pixel.

Now I'm happy again and will go on with my drawings at the iPad Pro 12,9"

As I'm new to AP, I had to figure out a lot and always thinking what's that called or placed in Photoshop? (iMac)

Now I have been working several hours at the iPad and the AP becomes a kind of "homecoming" to me.

I'm very pleased, you did a great job with this app.

iMac 27", iPad Pro 12,9", Apple Pencil.