Allan Thompson

Weird outline on shapes and perspective filter

Hi,

Well done! Loving the app, still getting use to the layout and working on the iPad, but a few more hours and I'll be fine. I'd thought I spend few days on this before I comment. So far...

9.7" iPad Pro

iOS 10.3.2

1. Using the impainting tool on a massive object (elephant) crashed the app a few times. Smaller object removal seems fine although slower than expected.

2. Creating a shape and zooming in quite a bit reveals seem weird outlines 

post-9020-0-79789700-1496846512_thumb.png

post-9020-0-73062200-1496846526_thumb.png

post-9020-0-02781100-1496846541_thumb.png

3. Using the Perspective filter on some text and this happens!

post-9020-0-02973000-1496846563_thumb.png

Allan

About me: Trainer at Apple, Freelance Video Editor, Motion Graphics Artist, Website Designer, Photographer. Yes I like creating things!!!

Instagram:https://www.instagram.com/mystrawberrymonkey/

Twitter:@mystrawmonkey  @imAllanThompson

Web: mystrawberrymonkey.com  Portfolio: behance.net/allanthompson

YouTube: Affinity Designer & Photo Tutorials

Hi Allan,

1. Do you have the source image so we can try to replicate this please?

2. It looks like your shape isn't fully aligned to the pixel grid and is therefore fading the colour between two pixels.

3. I'll take a look into this.  It looks like you've got mask of the object (possibly by trying another adjustment prior to Perspective?). So whilst you're adjusting the perspective, the mask is masking out where the text was prior to the adjustment. I would check your layers studio.

Hey Sean,

1. I do, it seems ok since the update, although on another image I was messing with, 5 or so minutes in using the FS filter, inpainting brush etc the app froze and I lost the work, the crashes are random the only thing consistent is using the inpainting brush. The app has crashed 5/6 times since using and if they were real projects I would have lost them all, I genuinely feel uncomfortable using the app for real work.

2. Maybe, but look at this... 

post-9020-0-43670700-1496944505_thumb.jpg

3. I was playing with the noise filter and displace filter, maybe I left the displace on? I no longer have the project due to the app crashing. Tried to replicate but I couldn't since the update. Will keep an eye on this.

Thanks.

About me: Trainer at Apple, Freelance Video Editor, Motion Graphics Artist, Website Designer, Photographer. Yes I like creating things!!!

Instagram:https://www.instagram.com/mystrawberrymonkey/

Twitter:@mystrawmonkey  @imAllanThompson

Web: mystrawberrymonkey.com  Portfolio: behance.net/allanthompson

YouTube: Affinity Designer & Photo Tutorials