You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Missing Infinity Photo file on iPad/icloud..

Hi there,

Congrats on the new app! I've been waiting on this and it's exactly what it should be...and what's been needed on iPad for some time now.

Regarding saving files from the iPad though, I can't see a Photo folder on my iCloud, but I know it's there as I can see it if I look at iCloud from my iMac. The Designer folder is there, but no Photo. Any suggestions to be able to see it on my list?

Also, when I'm saving files from iPad, I'm taken to a page of files from my iCloud account that has EVERY file listed that is possible. That's every sub file inside of sub file...that means I have to start scrolling through HUNDREDS of files to find the place I want to save to. I'm most likely missing something, but is there a way to see just the top level folders?

Thanks  in advance,

Cheers, Garry

• Staff

Hi there,

Congrats on the new app! I've been waiting on this and it's exactly what it should be...and what's been needed on iPad for some time now.

Regarding saving files from the iPad though, I can't see a Photo folder on my iCloud, but I know it's there as I can see it if I look at iCloud from my iMac. The Designer folder is there, but no Photo. Any suggestions to be able to see it on my list?

Also, when I'm saving files from iPad, I'm taken to a page of files from my iCloud account that has EVERY file listed that is possible. That's every sub file inside of sub file...that means I have to start scrolling through HUNDREDS of files to find the place I want to save to. I'm most likely missing something, but is there a way to see just the top level folders?

Thanks  in advance,

Cheers, Garry

Hi Gary,

Have you saved anything into the Affinity Photo folder from your Mac?  If not, just save one file in there and then check again on the iPad and it should be there.

Can you post a screenshot of what you are seeing when you try to save to iCloud.  When i just tried it, it showed me the contents of the iCloud drive but not the contents of anything within a folder.  If i tapped a folder it simply exported the image to that folder.

Hi,

Thanks for getting back to me. I have quite a few files within Affinity Photo folder on iCloud.

If I can, I'll attach 2 screen grabs for you (the other being my iCloud folder taken on my mac pro).

Cheers

• Staff

Sorry, tried to upload but it didn't work...whats the best way?

cheers

Hi Gary,

If you click on the More Reply Options button you should then get a slightly bigger window to type the reply in and just under this is the option to attach a file.  If that's still failing, please upload them to my Dropbox here :)

• Staff

Thanks for the files :)

Hate to ask the obvious question, but you are logged into the same iCloud Account on both the iPad and Mac?

Also when you go to Import From Cloud, does the folder show up there when you select iCloud? 

We have got an issue where on exporting, you can see the Affinity Photo folder but you can't select it to export to as its greyed out.  That issue has already been logged with the Dev team.

Hi,

I only have one account on iCloud, so yup, I'm logged into same account. 

And when I Import From iCloud - the Affinity Photo folder still isn't there. I named a normal folder 'Photo' and can save to that and then see the same folder on my iMac...could always just do that.

Any idea why I'm seeing every folder I have on iCloud when I'm saving though??

Cheers!

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...

I think this is a similar question. I am new to this app and purchased it because the app I was using is not compatible with my new iPad Pro. I have in the past, pretty seamlessly, been able to edit from 3rd party apps that I can open from ICloud photos so all my work is in Photos and I am not Saving photos in various places. I can see I have a large learning curve learning this app so want the workflow as simple as possible. Thanks in advance