Jwang

Generating export ...taking really long

Just got the app today, and overall very pleased. Impressed with the speed when working on a photo, but when it comes to exporting, it takes so long that I thought it had frozen. Is this normal or will it be improved in future updates?

Hi Jwang,

We've got an issue logged where exporting a developed RAW file to JPG can cause it to get stuck in 'Generating Export'. If you untick 'Embed Metadata' it should allow you to export to JPG for the time being.

I've experienced this same issue. Hoping that perhaps it might simply be my iPad Pro choking on the size of the RAW file (from a Nikon D4S and another from an Olympus E-M1, so not really that hefty), I allowed the "Generating Export" to sit there for over 40 minutes. Nada. When this message continued to display, I thought I'd come here to see if anyone was reporting the same issue. I'll try the tip to untick 'Embed Metadata.' Thank you! 

There is much promise in this app. Overall, it's got to be one of the most promising pure image processors I've seen for the iPad. I'm also surprised at how much parity there is between this app and the desktop version for Mac. Bravo!

And congratulations on the nice demo during the WWDC keynote. 

Just to hopefully add some more useful info on this issue. It appears that when you open the .afphoto file generated by the iPad version on the desktop version, the same behavior exists. This suggests that something happens to the metadata between RAW and .afphoto conversion. Overall, very pleased with this initial release. Well done

iPad Pro 12.9 3rd Gen/Mac Mini, in that order

Just to hopefully add some more useful info on this issue. It appears that when you open the .afphoto file generated by the iPad version on the desktop version, the same behavior exists. This suggests that something happens to the metadata between RAW and .afphoto conversion. Overall, very pleased with this initial release. Well done

Good spot! I'll get the issue with development updated to include that information - thanks for letting us know!

Good spot! I'll get the issue with development updated to include that information - thanks for letting us know!

It's possible that this is when images go from 300DPI to 96DPI as well. This is an issue I brought up in another post.

https://forum.affinity.serif.com/index.php?/topic/41039-96-dpi/

iPad Pro 12.9 3rd Gen/Mac Mini, in that order