You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

APh iPad - Ability to import fonts please

Opening an afphoto file from Dropbox worked fantastically well, but I didn't have one of the fonts on my iPad - would love to be able to add fonts to keep the visual fidelity in sync. (also for AD on ipad when it is ready)

Amazing work on the app!! I'm stunned how much you were able to do, and how well.

thanks,

-damian

I've found a way to install fonts on iPad from FontSquirel.

- On safari, open any font, for example:

https://www.fontsquirrel.com/fonts/montserrat

- Then tap install on iPad. Install the profile.

- Then force quit Affinity Photo. Open again, and the fonts installed are there.

________

There are some apps that let you install any font you want on the ipad itself. Like this one:

http://www.anyfont-app.com/

And this should work too (i've not tried)

If affinity let us do this on a simpler way, it would be nice, but this is a workaround. Hope it helps.

Hi,

there is a way to use imported fonts (Truetype works, dont know about OpenType) on iOS.

Get the app "AnyFont" (Schimanke) and follow their instructions.

I use it successfully for some time now.

cheers.

Thanks, I didn't know about anyfont :)

I like Anyfont and use it on my iPhone and iPad (Air 1, so not suitable for AP for iPad), but it's something that should be Sherlocked by Apple. A shame that font management is not a standard feature of iOS yet.

Affinity Photo - Affinity Designer - Affinity Publisher | macOS Sonoma (14.2) on 16GB MBP14 2021 with 2.4 versions

• 4 weeks later...

Hello there,

I managed to install new fonts but I couldn't fully understand using font families in correct way. I want to use both light version and semibold version of the mentioned font but i can only use regular size or bold one. Is it possible to use different members of the family?

Edit: Sorry about the question, i read all replies now and guess it is already asked. Is it still unusable?

Edit #2: The new update have this feature now, thanks dev team! You can now choose between font faces within families.

My preferred method to load a font is through the Workflow app and this extension:

https://workflow.is/workflows/437f80cc68574be9b9da2992d7c3e9ba

Supports TTF and OTF, and Photo even support random characters from OTF's (the only iOS app I'm aware of that supports it).

See attached example, where I've used my handwritten font >> the characters are randomized.

post-64292-0-70238200-1499155688_thumb.jpg

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Staff

Hi all,

The next beta of Photo iPad will support custom fonts directly - you will install them on the preferences screen and they will automatically become available in other Affinity iPad apps (like Designer) when they ship.

The Photo beta will be shipped to the App Store in about two weeks - so everyone can have these new features then :)

Thanks,

A