You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

How many iPads for one purchase?

What about iOS licenses?

I have an ipad Air2 and have just ordered an iPad Pro.  Will I have to buy separate license for each? I will use the same apple ID for both.  One will not belong to my son and the other will be my primary one.

Thanks,

-Mickey

• Staff

Mickey,

Welcome to the Serif Affinity forums. I have split your interesting post into a new thread to make it easier for others to find this answer.

You can download and install your one iPad purchase on as many iPads as you have using the same Apple ID. We have also enabled family sharing feature if your account is set up for that.

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

one easy follow up question:

I also assume updates to the iOS app will be free, regardless of version.  Other forum posts indicated that major updates (From 1.x to 2.x, etc.) would be paid for new versions.  How will this work with the iOS app?

-Mickey

• Staff

one easy follow up question:

I also assume updates to the iOS app will be free, regardless of version.  Other forum posts indicated that major updates (From 1.x to 2.x, etc.) would be paid for new versions.  How will this work with the iOS app?

-Mickey

The current version is 1.6.1 (an update from yesterday's release of 1.6). For a while we plan to add more features, and so further updates willappear for both the desktop and iPad versions (as 1.7 and 1.8 etc).

At some point we may well lock ourselves away and start developing a new for each product 2.0 that you can buy if you want, or just keep using 1.XY if you prefer. This is true of desktop and iPad. Free updates for a while (and bug-fixes obviously) then maintenance only for 1.XY when we release a new 2.n version. I hope this is clear. People are so used to rental software that getting some free updates on a one off purchase can confuse them.

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

• 1 month later...

I made a purchase already and I am still waiting for iPad Pro to arrive.  I setup family sharing yesterday with my wife (she is using iPad Air2).  We got different Apple ID but I realized  my wife's cannot access the App.  We are in the same country so I wonder if family sharing is enabled for this app or if I misunderstood the meaning of family sharing.  Thanks.

On 2.8.2017 at 6:36 PM, woodeasy said:

I made a purchase already and I am still waiting for iPad Pro to arrive.  I setup family sharing yesterday with my wife (she is using iPad Air2).  We got different Apple ID but I realized  my wife's cannot access the App.  We are in the same country so I wonder if family sharing is enabled for this app or if I misunderstood the meaning of family sharing.  Thanks.

Your wife has to find the App in the App-Store as your purchased item and can then download it.

Please refer to the Apple instructions for familiy sharing of purchased items.

https://www.apple.com/icloud/family-sharing/

AP for iPad 1.6.5.61  on (latest) iOS 11.0.3 on iPad Pro 12,9“ (2015) with Apple Pencil- AD Mac official - AP Mac official

eagerly awaiting AD for iPad :-)I

4 hours ago, Muffins said:

Your wife has to find the App in the App-Store as your purchased item and can then download it.

Please refer to the Apple instructions for familiy sharing of purchased items.

https://www.apple.com/icloud/family-sharing/

Here's a support page specifically about sharing purchased content: https://support.apple.com/en-gb/HT201085

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)