Sign in to follow this  
smadell

Import from Cloud - "Sync" problem

I have various cloud storage accounts, including Dropbox, Google Drive, Box, and Sync. I can use the "Import from Cloud" option to open pictures stored on the first three, but I cannot get the "Sync" account to work. This account would be the best one for me to use, since Dropbox limits my (free) storage to 2 GB, Google Drive space is shared by email and other things, Box limits files to 250 MB (and .afphoto files can easily exceed that). But Sync files can be of any size, and I've got 6 GB of free space to work with.

If I try to import from my Sync account, I can choose it from the menu but the window simply closes and returns me to the previous "Open a Document" window. If I open my Sync account via their dedicated iOS app, find the image, choose Preview, and then "share" the image with Affinity Photo for iPad, it will open. However, trying to access the image directly from AP for iPad fails every time.

Fix on the horizon?

Hi smadell

I have seen this before with some of the other drives. Can you just try this for me as it seems to solve it for me. Can you sign out of your sync account through the iOS app then sign back in and try again? Alternatively can you try deleting and re-downloading the Sync app then trying in Photo? Being cloud storage you shouldn't lose anything. There may be some access restriction or issue which is causing it and that seems to 'refresh' the access so to speak.

Let me know if it this solves it or it is still an issue for you

Thanks

Serif Europe Ltd - Check the latest news at www.affinity.serif.com

Thanks for trying, Chris. But the issue persists. I deleted the app, re-downloaded it, and signed into my account. Again, though, trying to access the files through Affinity Photo iPad fails. There was no crash (never had been) - the Import window simply closes without accessing the files.