You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

User installed fonts and the iOS app(s)

Forgive me if this has been answered elsewhere, but I've looked and haven't found an answer.

How does AP on the iPad handle fonts? By which I mean installing your own fonts?

iOS doesn't allow a user to install custom fonts.

It can be done per font using a hacky third party app that adds fonts using MDM certificates/profiles.

So how will the Affinity apps handle using custom fonts?

I've seen some apps allow for installing your own fonts within the app itself, Graphic handles this using Dropbox (not sure if they ever updated to use iCloud Drive).

This may not be the end of the world right now for Photo, but once you release Designer I feel it'll be a make or break feature.

Speaking as a working graphic designer, I couldn't get by with just Apple's system installed fonts. It'll also be a nightmare if you plan on allowing us to open AD/AP files created in the Mac or Windows apps – all fonts used will substitute for Affinity's default.

I've just ordered the new iPad Pro, and once it arrives I'll buy a copy of Photo. Very excited to see what it can do.

As far as I can tell, there is no way to import fonts into AP directly. However, I've had no issues with user installed fonts via AnyFont. The fonts I've installed to my iPad show and display just fine, the app is also the first (to my knowledge) that supports opentype features.

As far as I can tell, there is no way to import fonts into AP directly. However, I've had no issues with user installed fonts via AnyFont. The fonts I've installed to my iPad show and display just fine, the app is also the first (to my knowledge) that supports opentype features.

Thanks for answering that, and yeah AnyFont is one of the apps that allows installing via management profiles.

That being the case, I think this is really important, could a mod move this to feature requests? Or should I start a new thread there?