You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

i have created an image/logo on designer (mac) and i am trying to find a way to save it somewhere with no background, overtime i save it photos or as a document it saves the white background with it, any help would be appreciated - thanks

• Staff

Hi georgehs3,

Welcome to Affinity Forums :)

If you want to export to a generic file (PNG or TIFF - both support transparency for example), go to menu File ▸ Document Setup..., Color tab and tick Transparent background (to turn the background transparent). Then to export the file go to menu File ▸ Export... select PNG-24 or TIFF and press Export. You can also save it a vectors exporting to SVG or PDF or any format that supports them). Let me know if you still have trouble.

• 2 years later...

Thank you for the quick reply!

it's not the actual export I'm having trouble with.

is there any way to have the selection line (not sure what its called) to go on the outline of the shape? both inside and out? as when I export the file, I need the cutter to cut along the outline of the shape but when I export it like this, the cutter can only recognise the current line going through the middle. 

I've attached another image hopefully describing what I'm after a bit better.

Thanks 

1116216786_Screenshot2019-10-15at11_47_09.thumb.png.e51c195abd509818c38cc80885239ee1.png

5 minutes ago, MEB said:

Go to menu Layer > Expand Stroke to convert the line (stroke) to a shape.

It should be noted that the ‘Expand Stroke’ command doesn’t currently work well for small objects. You may get a better result if you enlarge the object, expand the stroke and then shrink the result back down again.

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)