Sign in to follow this  
Tightanium

[Fixed] [Crash] Deleting All Layers

App crashes after attempting to add another pixel layer when all layers have been deleted.

Steps to reproduce:

1. Delete all layers (See attached screenshot)

2. Add pixel layer

3. Crash

iPad Pro 12.9" (A1584)

IOS 10.3.2

Affinity Photo 1.6

Great work guys! I loved it on Windows in beta and now I'm loving it even more on my iPad. Thanks!

post-61106-0-82944400-1496773178_thumb.png

Hi Tightanium,

Welcome to the Affinity Forums. Glad you're enjoying the iPad release!

I've tried to reproduce your issue but it's not crashing for me. What did you start off with before deleting layers? Have you been able to reproduce it any more at all?

Same problem here. After deleting all layers and press "+" to create a pixel layer. The app crashes.

iPad Pro 12.9"
IOS 10.3.2
Affinity Photo 1.6.1

It's not a major issue as it doesn't inhibit regular use of the app but, the issue is still persisting.

Drawing on the canvas without a layer causes the "Assistant" to add a pixel layer which I assume is normal behavior. Manually adding a pixel layer through the layer menu causes the app to crash if you have no layers prior. I've reproduced the issue on all document formats/sizes.

[Edit] I forgot to mention that the issue happens whether or not something was in the layers prior to deleting them.

Would you like me to attach the crash logs?

post-61106-0-74237500-1497134269_thumb.png

Hi Tightanium,
If you could attach the logs that would be very useful for development. Out of the 5 iPads we currently have (3x 12.9" Pros, 1x 9.7" Pro and a 9.7" iPad 2017) I can only reproduce it on the 9.7" iPad 2017. I've recorded a video of the crash which I will pass it on, I've also got the crash report from the iPad. However feel free to add yours and I will get it passed on along with the video to development.

It might be helpful in isolating the crash if Tightanium connects his iPad to a Mac, opens Console app and clicks on the iPad. Then reproduces the bug on the iPad, after that go to the Console app select the whole log using log using " Command A" to select all of the log then " Command C" to copy the log. After that you can send the Staff a Private message with the log pasted " Command P" into the message body

It might be helpful in isolating the crash if Tightanium connects his iPad to a Mac, opens Console app and clicks on the iPad. Then reproduces the bug on the iPad, after that go to the Console app select the whole log using log using " Command A" to select all of the log then " Command C" to copy the log. After that you can send the Staff a Private message with the log pasted " Command P" into the message body

Hi jacki3wrfsef,

That's really useful, and wasn't something I was aware was possible. I've got the log now and will pass that on to the dev team.

Thanks!

Same problem here. After deleting all layers and press "+" to create a pixel layer. The app crashes.

iPad Pro 12.9"

IOS 10.3.2

Affinity Photo 1.6.1

+1  same configuration

original file 24mb, AP file 174mb but i can see only the first action (erased only the history)

now I make progressive copies to avoid the problem