You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity Photo performance on Air 2

Hi,

I'm running Designer and Photo already on Mac and PC, so pleased to see the new iOS version. Just a quick question - what's the performance like on an Air 2? I realise this is the lowest compatible device, so wondering if there are any limitations with usage and performance. My Air 2 is an earlier model.

Thanks.

Hi,

Thanks for the reply.

Haven't bought it yet, due to the not-quite-wonderful feedback from some, but since I've got everything else they've made and I use it daily on the desktop, I'm sure I will eventually.

It'd be good to hear feedback from Air 2 users - since this is the lowest specced supported model.

I have an iPad air 2 and the performance seems ok. I am still learning to use it and therefore have some issues but performance wise it seems decent. You can't beat the price off the app. And there seems to be a lot functionalities available.

What I am not pleased with, is that they have no development with pen makers. I bought Adonit Pixel especially for that but it doesn't seem to pick up all capabilities, especially with the brushes.

Anyhow I think this app is worth a try.

I have an iPad air 2 and the performance seems ok. I am still learning to use it and therefore have some issues but performance wise it seems decent. You can't beat the price off the app. And there seems to be a lot functionalities available.

What I am not pleased with, is that they have no development with pen makers. I bought Adonit Pixel especially for that but it doesn't seem to pick up all capabilities, especially with the brushes.

Anyhow I think this app is worth a try.

I'm not a power user; I do mostly photo editing for personal use.  But I shoot RAW and usually make a number of adjustments on an image and I'm happy with the performance of my Air 2.  

Thanks both.

Still considering whether to buy - a lot of bugs and crashes are being reported, so still on the fence.

Hi,

Thanks for the reply.

Haven't bought it yet, due to the not-quite-wonderful feedback from some, but since I've got everything else they've made and I use it daily on the desktop, I'm sure I will eventually.

It'd be good to hear feedback from Air 2 users - since this is the lowest specced supported model.

Hey, I'm not having a trouble-free experience on an Air 2. It'll be fine for several edits, then freeze up or crash. Doesn't seem to save where you were at when it freezes or crashes. Also having an issue that it doesn't return storage space claimed after deleting a project.

That being said, after the kinks are worked out, it's fairly impressive. Looks like about 85% of the desktop features made it into the iPad app. And, they're the most useful features too.

I wouldn't use it on a paying gig right now on an Air 2, or if you're in a hurry. But fingers crossed Serif tightens this up enough for solid Air 2 use. At present, not quite there I'm afraid.

• 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi,

I have just got the Affinity Designer for iPad (Air 2) - cool, but:

Unfortunately, I am experiencing freezings & lags, when checking examples included in the app - it's practically not possible to work on those files.

Are those examples so "big files" that iPad Air 2 is not capable to treat them correctly?  

Now the app is launching but nothing responds. So, a bug on my iPad? or it's just generally a too old machine for the task? 

A bit disappointed here, but I could understand if my iPad is too old - just tell me, and I'll ask Apple to get the refund. 

Thank you for your help guys. 

Best