You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity Photo iPad: Undo/Redo gestures

On 6/7/2017 at 12:45 AM, MEB said:

Hi HYR,

I believe you are already aware of this, but just in case you don't there's an undo/redo button on the bottom right of the interface over the Help icon. I'm also used to these gestures from Procreate and other apps. Hope the dev team consider them as well. Thanks for your feedback.

So dear devs, let’s first say thanks for all u do and the active community involvement. 

Designer was programmed with these gestures, and omg thank u! Soooooooooooo any way u could chuck that code into photo?even if it’s an option to toggle on? Please and thank u. 

Just as a point, it’s frustrating to use Procreate and Affinity Designer with this, then jump into Photo for my work flows and be caught each time by this missing option... thanks for everything 

• Staff
1 hour ago, Rob_jobbs said:

Soooooooooooo any way u could chuck that code into photo?

Yes, Affinity Photo iPad will be updated with this feature, bringing the iPad versions inline.

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

• 3 months later...
On 9/16/2018 at 1:54 PM, PurpleCrayon said:

Excellent update!! Brushes keep their settings and undo/redo 2/3 finger tap are now part of this truly amazing app! Thanks for listening :)

I'm wondering how to disable two finger tap for undo. I don't know how it turned on for me. I also don't know how to get the brush to keep my last brush used.

----------------------------------------
i am everything. i am nothing
therefore, i can be anything

@iambia You can’t disable 2 finger undo, 3-finger redo I believe. If you’re using iPad with a Pencil it’s a very, very useful feature! You moght want to go to Preferences/Tools and enable Touch for gestures only. This will make it so you can’t paint with fingers. I know it doesn’t address your question, but I believe your experience with this option will improve. Undo is such a frequent function that having it in the menu (as it were before this update) pretty much made me not use the app at all. 2/3 finger tap is pretty much the standard nowadays, because it makes the workflow sooo smooth.

Regarding the 2nd question, what do you mean exactly? If you switch between brushes, the settings of each brush are retained (thickness opacity etc), also super important feature. It doesn’t work this way for you?

1 hour ago, PurpleCrayon said:

@iambia You can’t disable 2 finger undo, 3-finger redo I believe. If you’re using iPad with a Pencil it’s a very, very useful feature! You moght want to go to Preferences/Tools and enable Touch for gestures only. This will make it so you can’t paint with fingers. I know it doesn’t address your question, but I believe your experience with this option will improve. Undo is such a frequent function that having it in the menu (as it were before this update) pretty much made me not use the app at all. 2/3 finger tap is pretty much the standard nowadays, because it makes the workflow sooo smooth.

Regarding the 2nd question, what do you mean exactly? If you switch between brushes, the settings of each brush are retained (thickness opacity etc), also super important feature. It doesn’t work this way for you?

ok reference finger gestures.

no, it is not retaining my last brush. 

On 12/29/2018 at 11:36 PM, iambia said:

ok reference finger gestures.

no, it is not retaining my last brush. 

We’re talking about the same thing right?

1) pick brush A, change the Width to a certain value, 10 for example.

2) pick brush B, change its width to 20

3) go back to A, it should say 10, and if you go to B, it should say 20

It doesn’t work this way for you? Make sure you got latest version of Affinity. I don’t see any options to on/off this (doesn’t make sense to Off it anyway) so would be very strange if it just doesn’t work.

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/31/2018 at 3:19 AM, PurpleCrayon said:

We’re talking about the same thing right?

1) pick brush A, change the Width to a certain value, 10 for example.

2) pick brush B, change its width to 20

3) go back to A, it should say 10, and if you go to B, it should say 20

It doesn’t work this way for you? Make sure you got latest version of Affinity. I don’t see any options to on/off this (doesn’t make sense to Off it anyway) so would be very strange if it just doesn’t work.

i am talking about when i select a Basic brush, make no changes to that brush, but come back to tweak a file and it defaults back to a Painting brush, rather than the last Basic brush i used. is there a function that allows it to keep the last brush i used?

• 3 weeks later...

On 1/8/2019 at 9:58 PM, iambia said:

i am talking about when i select a Basic brush, make no changes to that brush, but come back to tweak a file and it defaults back to a Painting brush, rather than the last Basic brush i used. is there a function that allows it to keep the last brush i used?

Sorry, not sure about this.