Sign in to follow this  
Aurelio

Document Crashing on opening

I've been opening up a pdf file, and have been working on it for a couple of hours. Nothing special, just text and shapes. I've saved constantly, and closed it. Now when i'm trying to open the document again, it crashes Affinity. :(

I'm not sure what happened. The last thing i can remember that i did, was importing a png file with transparency into the document.

If anyone wants to try, i've attached the file that causes the problem + the crash report, if thats of any help.

black 60.afdesign.zip

crash_report.zip

No crash here (OS X Lion, latest Beta, replacement font message) ...  :unsure:

Nice design, by the way!  :)

EDIT Deleted attachments due to upload limits.

hm, thats strange... here it continues crashing. Could you do me a favor and delete the png image out of the document and save it and upload it (that little branch on the left)? In my opinion that was what caused the crash. I'm probably wrong though :)

Hi Aurelio,

just had a look at your document. The items that are responsible for the crashes in the app store version seem to be the layers indicated in my screen shot ...

Deleted them, and the file opens in the app store version as well ... 

Uploaded a version without the layers. See, if it works ...  :)

Cheers,

Alex

EDIT Deleted the attachments due to upload limits.

Have you tried using the Beta.  We tested it here and it appears to open ok in the Beta.

The root of this problems has since been fixed also.

There is a single image layer imported from the PDF (I presume) that has not been converted to the correct pixel format.  This is a problem we identified a while ago.  In the Beta this will appear as an empty {Image} layer in your document after loading.

SerifLabs team - Affinity Developer
  • Software engineer  -  Photographer  -  Guitarist  -  Philosopher
  • iMac 27" Retina 5K (Late 2015), 4.0GHz i7, AMD Radeon R9 M395
  • MacBook (Early 2015), 1.3GHz Core M, Intel HD 5300
  • iPad Pro 10.5", 256GB

Hi Aurelio,

just had a look at your document. The items that are responsible for the crashes in the app store version seem to be the layers indicated in my screen shot ...

Deleted them, and the file opens in the app store version as well ... 

Uploaded a version without the layers. See, if it works ...  :)

Cheers,

Alex 

Thanks a lot ABC, your document works indeed. The Problem was that little blurred png then. So no need to switch back to Illustrator just yet!

Vielen Dank noch mal ;)

Have you tried using the Beta.  We tested it here and it appears to open ok in the Beta.

The root of this problems has since been fixed also.

There is a single image layer imported from the PDF (I presume) that has not been converted to the correct pixel format.  This is a problem we identified a while ago.  In the Beta this will appear as an empty {Image} layer in your document after loading.

I haven't tried the beta yet. But it was the png indeed. i think it has been exported from Coral Draw. The other png i use in the file was created with "mischief" another excellent app. But that works just fine as it look. Good to hear the issue has been fixed, and thanks for the help.