ReinhardK

batch job crash when adding multiple files

hi,

tried to make a batch conversion from .exr to png but when i try to add multiple files (more than 1) affinity 1.52.69 and newest beta 1.6.0.71 instantly crash
it works when i add the files one by one - but thats kinda annoying... for 600 files...

unhandled exeption on beta
0xE06D7363
also sent crash reports

hope you can fix that soon though as i need it for job today i guess not that soon...
thanks in advance

Hey hatek3d,

I've just done it with 20 .exr files without any issues. From what I understand, it crashes for you when you simple 'add' the files without even trying to process them? Does unchecking the option to save as AFPhoto files help at all? 

hi,
you understood correct, i tried unchecking paralell and unchecking afphoto files, as i try to add 2 files crash . if i add one by one, no problem - kind sucks as i'd need 592 files...
i try to restart system maybe something is fucked up as got a memory crash yesterday but didnt have time to look at...
somehow cool to hear it works for you, and i am not sure if i tried few weeks ago with multiple files

Could you try resetting the app by holding Ctrl when you launch it and click Clear when prompted. it's a bit of a longshot but a reset has been known to clear out odd gremlins in the past. Let me know how you get on as this feature should be working in the capacity you want it to. 

Can you upload 10 or so samples to this secure Dropbox link please. If they are big files, just a few might help. I could always just get one from you and see if copy/pasting them multiple times would be fine. I'd like to see if it may be something specific with your files. 

- Are you using the Light UI by any chance?

- Do you get the crash with other file formats?

I've just tried it with 800 .exr files I copied and pasted, some of which are 500mb and it is still working through it so I really don't know why you are struggling to do even a few  :(

I've just tried it with the files you sent and I had no problem. I can either add them individually or select all of them at once. I tried putting them on a cloud server to see if that was the cause but that went fine too.

I'm trying it on some other machines at the moment. If you could look in %AppData%\Affinity\Photo\1.0\CrashReports and attach the most recent one we can poke it. Development will have a log of the one you submitted but they aren't actively looked into generally. 

Sorry this is taking up so much of your time but I'd really like to help you. We can't do Skype but do you have any screen recording software? I use ScreenToGif which is free and relatively easy to use so you can try that if you don't have your own.

I have tracked down your crash reports and assigned the issue to development. I know it doesn't help you right now but hopefully they might be able to figure out what is going on.

My only suggestion would be to try a brand new Windows user account to see if there is another app or process interfering with what you are trying to do. I will keep poking it myself while we wait for development. 

thank you, also thought about testing with new user, btw i had a little succes when i checked allways start as administrator it worked once with adding 3 files :-)
hopefully you find a solltion for the future

new user didnt help btw

btw found crash report folder now and sent also on dropbox

Ah that's awesome to hear! I'll let dev know. It would still be nice if we can put a solution in place to prevent this happening to others. Thanks for letting me know :)