Sign in to follow this  
martkelly

[Fixed] Open Nikon Raw from Photos

When I select a Nikon Raw file from Photos, the low res thumbnail is loaded. Can't work with this.

Same with RAW-Files from other camera brands. Always loading the embedded jpg and not the RAW. This was the reason, why I want to change from LR to AP. They do not declare this on their website. There they are describing it is RAW-developing. This is not true!!!

I have canceled my buy at the appstore.

Same with RAW-Files from other camera brands. Always loading the embedded jpg and not the RAW. This was the reason, why I want to change from LR to AP. They do not declare this on their website. There they are describing it is RAW-developing. This is not true!!!

I have canceled my buy at the appstore.

LR mobile works very well with RAW files (loaded to Photo by the SD-card connector or directly imported from iCloud). Equally well with pictures taken directly with 3rd party apps on the iPhone which allow RAW-file storage (dng). 

Hi martkelly, Tommy43,

Welcome to Affinity Forums :)

Currently Affinity Photo can only open RAW files directly from iCloud Drive, not from Photos's library on iPad.

Will it be able to open RAW files from the iPad directly soon? I just tried it from the iCloud Drive and it does work but that involves an extra step of having to copy the file from my iPad to my iCloud Drive.

Hi martkelly, Tommy43,

Currently Affinity Photo can only open RAW files directly from iCloud Drive, not from Photos's library on iPad.

Hi,

from ICloud AP seems to load RAW, but in the developing area it only uses the embedded JPG, not the RAW!? From other CloudDrives as OneDrive or AmazonDrive AP gives an error message after loading or crashes to the start window. IPad Pro 12.9 newest IOS.

At the moment the IPad App is completely useless for me to change. I use LR CC and lLR Mobile and seek an alternative....

Tommy

Hi Roka,

This is just the first version. There's certainly more improvements coming. I don't know yet how all this will work out because iOS 11 introduces some changes to Apple Photos and file management but i'm confident that we will try to make the process as smooth and seamless as possible. Please bear with us while we get there.

@Tommy43

Do you mean you are using iOS 11 Beta or just the latest iOS 10 version?

I thought that it was only reading the embedded RAW as well, because when i clicked on the "Metadata" studio, it showed the smaller resolution (1920x1280 for a Fuji X-T1) but when I developed the image, the full resolution (6000x4000) was displayed by the image on the "Home Screen." When I exported the full resolution image and "Air Dropped" it to my iMac, the JPG was 6000x4000.  

I will also note that I did not use iCloud.  I have a Western Digital My Passport Wireless Pro in NAS mode using their "My Cloud" app, I am able to open Nikon and Fuji RAW files.  I would like to see APi be able to open the files directly from a NAS file server.

Thanks for your help with this bug. We have now resolved the problem and will make the fix available in the new iPad version 1.6.2 released today.

I am SUPER happy to report that RAW import from the camera roll TOTALLY WORKS now! Whoooo, you guys are awesome!

Thank you.