You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

iPad app: how do I invert colors?

Hi, I'm an analogue photographer, so one of the first steps in my work process is inverting the negatives I scanned. I can see an invert tab in adjustments panel, though nothing to click, or at least nothing happening. (Same for OCIO and select colors tab). Any help would be appreciated. post-60983-0-65112100-1496732302_thumb.png

• Staff

Hi Snadravo,

Welcome to Affinity Forums :)

What you are seeing is the presets for each type of adjustment. Currently Invert doesn't have any so nothing shows up below (in the thumbnails area). So, click the Invert button (or whatever category is displaying there now), select Adjustments from the popup that will appear on the left to display all main adjustments categories in the thumbnails list and select the Invert thumbnail from the thumbnail list.

I'm going to tag along on this thread and ask how to invert a mask? I often select the easiest object, and then usually invert the mask to work with it. I can't find a way to do this with the IOS app.

Hi Snadravo,

Welcome to Affinity Forums :)

What you are seeing is the presets for each type of adjustment. Currently Invert doesn't have any so nothing shows up below (in the thumbnails area). So, click the Invert button (or whatever category is displaying there now), select Adjustments from the popup that will appear on the left to display all main adjustments categories in the thumbnails list and select the Invert thumbnail from the thumbnail list.

Any more help on the negative problem? Just need to do a complete color invert to flip my negs to positives. But even after your comment I am not getting anywhere. I can't click invert, nothing happens and no pop up menus are showing. :/

Sorry, didn't mean to rush you. Thought you had missed it in between the other poster. Thank you for coming back to me. Not sure what the issue is, but it isn't working. I found step 1 and 2 this morning, but nothing happens when I follow these steps. No step 3.

post-60983-0-34173300-1496775927_thumb.png