Tjphotodtx

Export/Share Crashes in English

When I select "export" the app says it's generating expor.... nothing happens on my IPad Pro. Selecting share the app quits. I've waited way too long for the app to generate the file to export.

When I select "export" the app says it's generating expor.... nothing happens on my IPad Pro. Selecting share the app quits. I've waited way too long for the app to generate the file to export.

Same problem here.

"Generating export" keeps loading... nothing happens.

What kind of files and resolution were you trying to export? I've reproduced the issue from opening a RAW file from iCloud which has now been reported to development.

What kind of files and resolution were you trying to export? I've reproduced the issue from opening a RAW file from iCloud which has now been reported to development.

RAW from Sony A7R (.arw-file) - 7360 x 4912 px

"Generating Export" keeps loading, no matter what file-type I choose...

Same issue here with a developed Nikon RAW. I tried to export the iPad file with the Mac version. I get the message that the imbedding of the meta data failed. Then I deactivated the meta data export on iPad and the export works. But I have no use for pictures without any meta data.

It's a real heavy bug, that makes this (paid) Beta completly useless.

Same problem: I cannot export as jpeg with the raw-file from my canon (CR2-file with 23,1 MB).

I made a copy. The afphoto-file has 128,2 MB.

Win10 HP i7 - AD (Win), AP (Win), APub beta (Win), AD (iPad), AP (iPad),
Affinity Photo for iPad Pro - the best app I ever had
excuse my bad English

Indeed, you can save it as an Afphoto-file but my RAW-file of 37,1MB ended as a file of 474MB!!!

Almost 13 times as big as the original file!

Seems I need more iCloud-space than 50GB for using Afphoto!

Memoryweaver,

Welcome to the Serif Affinity forums.

What a great first post, I think that may be the problem, thanks.

As I said it a few posts before. But what is the use for pictures without any metadata?

As mentioned above I made in the Ipad-Version a copy. This copy I opend in my Windows-Version and tried to export it as jpeg: Not possible: As Memoryweaver said: it seems that the Metadata make the problem.

See attachment.

post-32342-0-81943600-1496771996_thumb.jpg

Win10 HP i7 - AD (Win), AP (Win), APub beta (Win), AD (iPad), AP (iPad),
Affinity Photo for iPad Pro - the best app I ever had
excuse my bad English

I have successfully exported the full resolution PNG from both a Nikon d610 and a Fuji X-T2, but was unable to export JPGs from either camera until I successfully tried Memoryweaver's suggestion and unchecked "Embed Metadata."  That seems to be the bug that needs attention.