TalmonJr

Does not work on iPad Mini 4 as advertised in App Store

Does not work on iPad Mini 4 as advertised in App Store! Is this by design, was I lured in by a typo, or will this problem be resolved with an update?

post-60968-0-22191400-1496725148_thumb.png

Please see Patrick Connor's post here.

Alfred online2long.gif
Affinity Designer 1.6.5.123 • Affinity Photo 1.6.5.123 • Windows 10 Home (4th gen Core i3 CPU)
Affinity Photo for iPad 1.6.11.85 • Affinity Designer for iPad 1.6.4.45 • iOS 12.1.4 (iPad Air 2)

Hey TalmonJr,

Unfortunately you will have to request a refund from Apple as we do not support any of the iPad Mini devices as mentioned in the link Alfred provided. We are working on changing this as Matt has said here. I'm so sorry for the trouble this has caused you  :(

It will never run on a Mini iPad?

What is the limiting factor? GPU?

Hey TalmonJr,

Unfortunately you will have to request a refund from Apple as we do not support any of the iPad Mini devices as mentioned in the link Alfred provided. We are working on changing this as Matt has said here. I'm so sorry for the trouble this has caused you  :(

mfsignature.jpg

No, it's not the GPU. It's the fact that the screen on an iPad Mini is too small for the controls to be usable.

Alfred online2long.gif
Affinity Designer 1.6.5.123 • Affinity Photo 1.6.5.123 • Windows 10 Home (4th gen Core i3 CPU)
Affinity Photo for iPad 1.6.11.85 • Affinity Designer for iPad 1.6.4.45 • iOS 12.1.4 (iPad Air 2)

Depends which Mini you mean: the Mini 1 & 2 are 32-bit; the Mini 3 is 64-bit but has too little RAM, no Metal, and low res screen and physically small screen, The Mini 4 is 64-bit, Metal support, 2 GB Ram and a high res screen but has a physically small screen making it hard to use, however it is a great iPad otherwise. Technically it could be made to run on a mini 4 but practically it may be very difficult to control on the smaller screen.

Patrick Connor

Serif (Europe) Ltd.

Depends which Mini you mean: the Mini 1 & 2 are 32-bit; the Mini 3 is 64-bit but has too little RAM, no Metal, and low res screen and physically small screen, The Mini 4 is 64-bit, Metal support, 2 GB Ram and a high res screen but has a physically small screen making it hard to use, however it is a great iPad otherwise. Technically it could be made to run on a mini 4 but practically it may be very difficult to control on the smaller screen.

The iPad Mini 2, 3, and 4 will all be supported in iOS 11so by definition they are 64-bit devices:

https://www.macrumors.com/2017/06/06/ios-11-compatible-iphone-ipad-ipod-models/

The Mini 2-4 processor is 64-bit.