You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

First off, wow!

My hats off to the affinity team! I can't say enough great things about this port to the tablet atmosphere. I'm honestly just getting started and the excitement hasn't stopped. So a big thank you for providing such a comprehensive tool to all of us!

Now onto the question...

Pretty simple, how do you close a node then proceed onto the next node without having to stop using the pen tool? Stoping my path building process to have to go back to then pen tool really slows my workflow and hoping there is a simple solution.

Thank you all again for such a great product!

• 3 weeks later...
  • Staff

Hi Sullyman

I'm not sure I understood what do you mean by "close a node". You can't "close" nodes, only paths so they become closed paths. To do this just place the last node over the first one and the path should be closed automatically for you. If you meant to draw several independent paths (segments) - without turning them into closed paths - then you have to change the Pen Mode on the context toolbar on the bottom to Line mode, however in this mode you can only draw straight lines composed by a single segment. To draw vector paths freely your will need the Pencil Tool which is only available in Affinity Designer. Not sure if I have addressed your question correctly. Let me know if not.

Hi Sullyman

I'm not sure I understood what do you mean by "close a node". You can't "close" nodes, only paths so they become closed paths. To do this just place the last node over the first one and the path should be closed automatically for you. If you meant to draw several independent paths (segments) - without turning them into closed paths - then you have to change the Pen Mode on the context toolbar on the bottom to Line mode, however in this mode you can only draw straight lines composed by a single segment. To draw vector paths freely your will need the Pencil Tool which is only available in Affinity Designer. Not sure if I have addressed your question correctly. Let me know if not.

Thanks for the reply MEB,

I must be mixing up the terminology, I mean to remove the bezier from a node. I'll reference Illustrator and Photoshop, you can create anchors/nodes and then as you move along you can alt+click (photoshop) or just click (illustrator) a specific node that has a bezier being applied to it from a previous node, to then "close" (or "sharp" in AP/AD) the bezier so that your next node is a straight path.

Let me know if this is difficult to understand and I'll try and make a video.

I basically want to find out if it's possible to "sharpen" and node as I'm creating a path without having to go back with the node tool after the fact.

Thanks!

• 3 months later...