You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity Photo for iOS. Support for other 3rd party stylli on iPads, even iPad Pro models?

Any chance of Affinity Photo for iOS supporting 3rd party Bluetooth stylii even on iPad Pro?

I don't use or like an Apple Pencil.

I use an Adonit smart Bluetooth stylus on all my iPad models.

Any chance of adding 3rd party stylus support for Adonit and Wacom Bluetooth smart stylii?

I have had 3 versions of the iPad, from the first generation to the iPad Air 1, and now lastly to the iPad Pro 9.7 inch version. In terms of a stylus, I used two from Adonit, tried the Wacom Creative Stylus as well as others. I wasted a lot of money over the years and never got a decent stylus to work properly for any length of time. When I bought the Apple Pencil to work with the iPad Pro it was a match made in heaven. I have customized the Pencil in using a nice grip so that it is more comfortable to hold and use as well as a cozy to keep the the cap from being lost. 

It just blows away every other stylus in terms of using it with the iPad Pro. It has to be very easy for the Affinity team to develop Photo and Designer with the Apple Pencil because they don't have to deal with a 3rd party. So many times over the years I would have my stylus start acting wonky because of app updates, iOS updates, or for no reason at all. 

I am not sure if Affinity should go down that road of trying to support 3rd party stylli. Who do they include? Where do they draw the line? Adonit? Wacom? Ten One? Should they spend time and resources tying to get bluetooth connected ones to work? What about those companies that use active powered nibs? Or companies that use other type of nibs that use small discs? Or Meshes? I could see Serif quickly getting overwhelmed trying to keep all of that working.

I am curious, what don't you like about the Apple Pencil? From what I understand, they are working on a version 2 of it and I am sure it will evolve with each new iteration. 

Because of Affinity Photo release, I'm looking into buying non-Apple stylus as well for my iPad Air 2. Nothing wrong with iPad Pro stylus except it doesn't work with non-Pro tablets. For someone who already does have iPad supported by Affinity and does not want to spend over $800 dollars on new iPad Pro, a 3rd party stylus would be a good solution. And it's $800 minimum. Add apple keyboard and it's close to $1000, pick bigger memory version and you get to $1100.  A lot when all you really need is $100 or less stylus. I would buy Apple stylus right now if it would work with iPad Air 2.