You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Paste inside and grid and more - Pegar dentro, cuadrícula y más

FreeHand is for me the best vector application just for draw with precission.

What about Paste inside. For example a image or a group of object inside a square?

Another one. What about move objects precisely in the way you set? Like 1 mm or  5 pixels?

BTW, Option + drag a object does not work in OS X? Is a basic routine from the early ages of DTP.

Thanks a lot.

In Spain (Europe) there is a lot of power users of the venerable FreeHand application.

--------

In spanish:

FreeHand es para mi, el mejor programa para dibujar. Punto.

¿Qué hay de pegar dentro? Por ejemplo una imagen o un grupo dentro de un cuadrado?

Otra. ¿Se puede ajustar la cuadrícula en la medida que se quiera y así restringir el movimiento de objetos o su creación de milímetro en milímetro o cada 5 píxels, por ejemplo?

Por cierto, Opción y arrastra un objeto hace que se duplique. Una vieja rutina.

Gracias.

En España (Europa) hay muchos usuarios avanzados de FreeHand.

Graphic designer from Bilbao (Spain) FreeHand forever. Affinity Designer rocks! - Diseñador gráfico de Bilbao (España). FreeHand forever. Affinity Designer ¡mola!

• Staff

Paste inside is already available :) Just choose the 'Inside' button from the Insertion Target group on the top toolbar (i.e. click the right-most button at the top-right of the main window). Hopefully that does what you're looking for?

At present, we have no options for the nudge distance - but these will come soon.

I'm not sure what you mean about option-drag? At the moment, we are supporting the default behaviour of option-drag and popping up a context menu (i.e. acting like right-click). However, if you are over a handle in the Select Tool, for example, and you do the option-drag, you'll get different behaviour so that we can add extra functionality to this modifier :)

Incidentally, if you are a user of FreeHand - do you have any old FreeHand files available that you could send to us? We're trying to write an importer at the moment and have very few .fh files to work from! They would obviously be treated confidentially, never shared anywhere and deleted as soon as we have written the importer. If you could send them to asomerfield@seriflabs.com that would be incredible, thanks!

Thanks,

Matt

OK.

I have a lot of files made in FreeHand. I will send you basic files with the screen capture of every file.

And I will send you complex medium files, with images and its links, etc.

I am very surprised with your Application. I would like to be a Betatester

;)

¡Saludos desde España!

Graphic designer from Bilbao (Spain) FreeHand forever. Affinity Designer rocks! - Diseñador gráfico de Bilbao (España). FreeHand forever. Affinity Designer ¡mola!

• Staff

I have a lot of files made in FreeHand. I will send you basic files with the screen capture of every file.

And I will send you complex medium files, with images and its links, etc.

This would be perfect :) The Freehand import is in progress and I would like to test with as many files as possible :)

Thanks,

AndyS

This is a must see from the boys of FreeHandForum:

The comparisons of FreeHand vs Illustrator:

http://www.freehandforum.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=919

Download the PDF. it is awesome!!!

Paste inside is already available :) Just choose the 'Inside' button from the Insertion Target group on the top toolbar (i.e. click the right-most button at the top-right of the main window). Hopefully that does what you're looking for?

At present, we have no options for the nudge distance - but these will come soon.

I'm not sure what you mean about option-drag? At the moment, we are supporting the default behaviour of option-drag and popping up a context menu (i.e. acting like right-click). However, if you are over a handle in the Select Tool, for example, and you do the option-drag, you'll get different behaviour so that we can add extra functionality to this modifier :)

Incidentally, if you are a user of FreeHand - do you have any old FreeHand files available that you could send to us? We're trying to write an importer at the moment and have very few .fh files to work from! They would obviously be treated confidentially, never shared anywhere and deleted as soon as we have written the importer. If you could send them to asomerfield@seriflabs.com that would be incredible, thanks!

Thanks,

Matt

You have got the first E-Mail from Spain. Enjoy!!!

Very interesting, detailed and with lots of things to check and learn. Sorry about my english.

In Spain (Europe) there are a lot of frustrated FreeHand loyal users by Adobe.

• Staff

Thank you! Oh, and please don't apologise about your English at all - it's so much better than my Spanish, hehe! ;)

Incidentally, I think that Andy has been getting on very well with FreeHand import and he really just has to look at importing text now, so it's all looking very good :)

Thanks again,

Matt