You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

I'm interested in finding out if there are any digital art plug-ins that work with Affinity Photo. I don't need anything too fancy but I'd be interested in plug-ins with filters that can create and customize a variety of "painterly" looks from photos.

If there's nothing that will do this as a plug-in, I'd be interested in recommendations for stand-alone programs that could be applied after an image is processed in Affinity and exported to a TIFF or PNG file.

This one is very well known for creating painting in the style of classic artists if you are really serious.

There are online options to do it for free if you only need one or two done.

Of course, photoshop has an oil paint filter but it looks a bit "overused".

Windows PCs. Photo and Designer, latest non-beta versions.

toltec: Thanks for the references. I should have specified I'm working on a Mac. It looks like DAP is Windows only.

I'll check out the online options but I'm leaning more toward something I can use on my own computer.

I saw this one on the Internet:

http://fotosketcher.com/about-fotosketcher/

Free (completely, or donate) for Windows, MAC version in the works. I have not tried it so cannot comment on quality or features. If you do, please let us know your results.

Edit: sorry, just saw you require Mac. Ask them for the Beta. :)

♥  WIN 10 AD & AP  ♥  Lenovo Legion Y520 15.6" Laptop

Edit: sorry, just saw you require Mac. Ask them for the Beta. :)

Eh, what the heck! I got a 13.5 yr old cat that needs immortalizing. Maybe I'll try fotosketcher on my Win 10 system.

♥  WIN 10 AD & AP  ♥  Lenovo Legion Y520 15.6" Laptop

Hi dotlyc,

You can also try Topaz Simplify.

Thanks for reminding of this. I actually have the Topaz suite of plug-ins but when I first got Affinty Photo, there was a problem getting AP to recognize them and I forgot about them. I just tried installing all the plug-ins and most of them work, including Simplify. These provide more than enough options for my needs. You just saved me a lot of time and expense. :-)